How do i...????

Milo_Azar

Reaction score
So I installed the Eclipse 2.0.4 a long time ago, and now I would like to go back to the stock so that I can maybe move to a different ROM or keep it stock. Eclipse worked GREAT for the first 2 months, but has steadily been getting worse and worse. At first I thought I could hold out till my upgrade in April, but now I'm fed up with the constant Rebooting, the Force Closing, if it's updating apps it might as well be a brick until you reboot it. The multi tasking on it is horrible! What's weird is it ran perfect for a month like I said then just went down hill. From what I have read I'm not the only one that has expierienced this either or things like this. And to top it off, today I have no 3G... For some reason it just quit with the 3G.

So, My question is How can I go back... Do I have to re-flash with a SBF??? and if so what SBF do I reflash? I have Android Version 2.3.5 so would I have to use that one...

Thanks for the help!

Jason

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
2.0.4 is way old ;) Eclipse is up to v2.3. And yes you will need to SBF. You can use any version so here is what to keep in mind. If you want the new eclipse you should theoretically be able to flash it right on top of the one you have now (since it is such an older version I'm not sure if a data wipe would be needed or not)... If you want to try CM7, CM9, or CM10 (or any of the other ROMs) then you will need to SBF back to 2.3.4.

The SBF Files can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x2-sbf-files

SBF instructions can be found here: [GUIDE] How to SBF an X2

There are also videos available to watch the process before you start: [How To Videos] sbf, root, nandroid backup/restore etc.

Once you get the SBF sorted out, if you have any questions as to which ROM to use or how, come on over to droidxforums.com and we can help you through it.

OP
M

Milo_Azar

Reaction score
Thanks! So if I where to SBF back to 2.3.4 and wanted to get the newest gingerbread I would have to OTA correct? or just SBF 2.3.5 after I SBF 2.3.4.. And after I SBF I have to re-root with one click root if I remember right... It, obvously, has been a while since I did this. lol hence all the questions. Thanks for the links, I did keep the SBF for 2.3.4 on my cpu.. but I am glad to have the link as makes it easier than having to look for them myself... last time I found some corrupt ones.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you SBF to 2.3.4 you can just go to Settings - About Phone - updates and take the OTA to 2.3.5 yes.... But if you want to end up on 2.3.5 just SBF to it. There is a root method available now [How to] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418

If you wanted to do the long way and root using Pete's one click method you would SBF to 2.3.4, root, install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, Backup Root, Temporarily unroot, take the OTA then restore root.

The only reason to go back to 2.3.5 is if you want the new Eclipse. And are you on the 2.3.5 build .418? That's the latest and needed for the new Eclipse to work right. If you are and want the new Eclipse try downloading it, placing it on your external card, wiping data and cache (only a cache and dalvik cache wipe MAY be needed but like i said since you are on an older version of eclipse a data wipe will make sure it works.) If you want to keep app data download Titanium Backup from gplay and backup user apps only. If you don't care that you would lose everything just wipe data and flash in the X2 bootstrap recovery.

OP
M

Milo_Azar

Reaction score
Ok so I guess my real question now is if I want to go to 2.3.5 I don't need to reflash the rom? I can just SBF and it will go to 2.3.5?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Ok so I guess my real question now is if I want to go to 2.3.5 I don't need to reflash the rom? I can just SBF and it will go to 2.3.5?

I don't understand the question. If you SBF with the 2.3.5 file it will take you to stock 2.3.5, no ROM involved. If you want to use Eclipse again and are on 2.3.5 1.3.418 then you don't need to SBF, just flash the new Eclipse and wipe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2