how do i watch video on droid

raishmike

Reaction score
I have a few digital copies of blurays that i put on my PC, just cant figure out how to put them on the droid?? any help would be great

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a few digital copies of blurays that i put on my PC, just cant figure out how to put them on the droid?? any help would be great

To just place files on the SDcard? Connect to your pc and then mount the card from your phone's pulldown notification menu. Then it should show up as a drive on your computer. Drag and drop, good to go.

If the format is an issue try this:

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Results

Search the forums here for "catalyst" and you should be good to go.

TekHawk

Reaction score

To just place files on the SDcard? Connect to your pc and then mount the card from your phone's pulldown notification menu. Then it should show up as a drive on your computer. Drag and drop, good to go.

If the format is an issue try this:

Search the forums here for "catalyst" and you should be good to go.

Pretty sure the issue is with the DRM on Digital Copys not sure if the Android media player has anyway to support them at this time but I could be wrong

D

dvdcatalyst

Have you used the search?

There are a LOT of similar questions in regards of "Digital Copies"

In short, they don't play on the Droid directly. WHile the MP4 files are in a format the Droid can play, the files are protected with a form of DRM that needs to be activated on the computer you use AND the device you use to play them also needs to be activated. Only a few devices have this capability. Apple's iPod/iPhone devices (which connect to iTunes) and devices that have a "Plays for sure" logo, which connect to Windows Media Player. There are no Android-based devices that can do this (yet)

While there are tools to convert these Digital Copy files, they require you to activate the file on your computer so that it plays, and the conversion tool will play the file and record it. Quality is not the greatest and speed is of course also not too good.

It's easier to just rent the DVD and convert that directly.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You dont have to convert them?

I think you have to convert them too, but I didn't know if that was done or not and the actual question was how to get them into the phone. I wasn't sure what the real issue was :)