Digital copies of movies

vanessa

Reaction score
Can you put digital copies of movies on the droid? I have downloaded the movies to my computer and transfered them to my droid but they will not play.

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
What format is the movie in? I use Rockplayer and haven't had any problems with any type of .avi file. Sometimes hiccups on higher def .mkv files. You may need to convert the file if you have straight dvd rips (vob or iso files). Many free(kinda) programs for this purpose.

OP
vanessa

vanessa

Reaction score
I load them straight from my computer. We have been getting new movies that have digital copies. I didn't know I had to convert them. Thank you

OP
vanessa

vanessa

Reaction score
How do I convert them from WMV files so that they will play?

D

dvdcatalyst

Digital COpy movies are wrapped in a form of DRM (copy protection) that requires activation either using Windows Media Player or iTunes, and only play on devices that actually support these activation systems, and the Droid is not one of those.

The files can not be converted using a legacy conversion tool, however there are (overpriced) programs that claim to "convert" them but they actually play them and record tyhem at the same time, usually resulting in quality loss and a long "conversion" time (it works similar as copying vhs tapes).

Some people here have used TuneByte, a free program to make them compatible, but its not an easy process. It is a lot easier, faster and better quality to just convert the DVD.