How do I view MS Office files?

papy72

Reaction score
Someone is in the habit of emailing me MS Word documents. Is there a way to view these, preferabley without buyin an app (I only need view capability, not editing)?

feyvorite

Reaction score
I think you can do this with GDocs.
Can't remember if it is free. If not, it is very cheap.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Someone is in the habit of emailing me MS Word documents. Is there a way to view these, preferabley without buyin an app (I only need view capability, not editing)?
My docs open with quickoffice.

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird I downloaded the trial version of Doc To Go (I think that was the name) and it wouldn't open anything that the default app wouldn't so I never paid for it. I have office suite which I thought was the default app.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I was able to find it using spaces: docs 2 go. Both free and paid version show up. With free you can read your Word docs. With paid you can edit them as well.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Well I think I have a different issue. The email attachments are coming to me from my Yahoo account via the Email app.

The email app seems to have an issue with attachments. When I click the "open" button in the email it says "downloading attachment null" then fails to open.

If I go to my browser, surf to my mail account that way, and click it the phone runs something called Quickoffice and shows me the attachment.

I think I just need to get the person to swap my email address to my new gmail account and all should be well.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Weird I downloaded the trial version of Doc To Go (I think that was the name) and it wouldn't open anything that the default app wouldn't so I never paid for it. I have office suite which I thought was the default app.
That must be what I have becasue it's not in my downloaded history. When I open something up, it says quickoffice for a second, then quickpdf.

The default one works great.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Well I think I have a different issue. The email attachments are coming to me from my Yahoo account via the Email app.

The email app seems to have an issue with attachments. When I click the "open" button in the email it says "downloading attachment null" then fails to open.

If I go to my browser, surf to my mail account that way, and click it the phone runs something called Quickoffice and shows me the attachment.

I think I just need to get the person to swap my email address to my new gmail account and all should be well.
Just an FYI, I can view docs from gmail or hotmail, but I've never tried yahoo.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I got it but Quick Office opens my Word and PDF files.

Mike