how do i upgrade to 2.3.340 from 2.3.15

Chrisace89

Reaction score
I currently have android 2.3.15 and i want to upgrade to the new version. I got the OTA update on my phone and it tried to install but it always fails. Phone restarts and tries to install but it always fails.

S

scrub175

I sbfed from .15 (2.2 leak) to 2.1 then checked for updates and got the notification for .340. rooted and running great.

stevebalboni

Reaction score
I currently have android 2.3.15 and i want to upgrade to the new version. I got the OTA update on my phone and it tried to install but it always fails. Phone restarts and tries to install but it always fails.

in the same boat as you....read 100 posts and every time i think i get a handle on it another post confuses me

robpit

Reaction score
a. My friend... rooted with 2.2.15(before .320 and .340)
b. he then unrooted.
c. he download an an sbf file called gift2.sbf or something which was 2.2 OTA to his computer.
d. he then download rsdlite something.8 and reflashed his phone to 2.2 with the sbf while the phone was in recovery mode (hold down 3 buttons at same time)
e. he then was able to take the ota update to 2.2.340 where he used z4mod

this was vague on purpose. go out and find what you need cause it is out there. this was how my friend did it and it worked. it took him a long time to rebuild all items. once up to 2.2.340 I have read you cannot go back to 2.2 ota anymore.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Robpits idea of sbfing isn't a bad idea. I have a comprehensive tutorial on doing so in my signature if that's the route you want to go

You also don't need to unroot before a sbf

robpit

Reaction score
he also wiped the partition before sbf'ing. he also wiped is sd card except his clockworkmod, dcim, titanium directories. his droidx is lightning fast. faster than an iphone 4. motorolla and google can only go downhill from here. leaving his phone in this state forever.