How do I store stuff on the 8GB on the phone

patfactorx

Reaction score
THe D2G has 8gb on the phone and 8GB on the card right? Is there a way I can store info on the phone itself? When I mount it to my PC its only letting me use the space on the SD Card.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
umm well have you tried.....

well all I can say is get root explorer and move from your sd card to your root dir or maybe just mount your root dir as r/w instead of r/o then try again

tebower

Reaction score
I tried to copy stuff to my internal root directory once, and it slowed my phone to a crawl during the copy operation. I was unable to use it at all, and ended up rebooting after it stayed that way for more than 30 mins. When I rebooted and looked in the internal directory with root explorer, nothing I had tried to copy was even there. Hmm?

Last edited:

zero7404

Reaction score
the internal mem is meant for the OS/apps

posted via android

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
the internal mem is meant for the OS/apps

Correct, Users do not have access to that memory normally.
I would suggest getting a larger SD Card.

zero7404

Reaction score
and how exactly would one run out of memory for apps/os ? i would think you can download 1/2 of all available apps in the market onto internal ram and still be ok.

as a matter of fact, 8gb is enough to install desktop linux with room to spare, or windows xp

posted via android

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
and how exactly would one run out of memory for apps/os ? i would think you can download 1/2 of all available apps in the market onto internal ram and still be ok.

as a matter of fact, 8gb is enough to install desktop linux with room to spare, or windows xp

posted via android

Op is asking to store files on the internal memory, Not that he's running out of internal memory.

zero7404

Reaction score

posted via android

Op is asking to store files on the internal memory, Not that he's running out of internal memory.

and i answered that. i then made a statement to put into perspective the amount of ram available onboard.

posted via android

tebower

Reaction score
I, for one, think it's bogus to have so much empty space with 8GB available. I still have like 6.5GB of free space, and my SD card is full (15/16GB). There should never have been a restriction on what we can store there.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
ok well I just copied fission rom to my root dir all 78mb it in less then 30 seconds. you have to mount your root dir as R/W NOT R/O it will work

Last edited:

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Im sure there is as long as you have the root dir and can mount as R/W Astro might work Estrongs could also

Alchemist945

Reaction score
On mine I have app memory and internal memory I have 7gig of internal left and like 200 meg on app memory y won't it go onto internal

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
On mine I have app memory and internal memory I have 7gig of internal left and like 200 meg on app memory y won't it go onto internal

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

uhh do you have apps2sd set to external? if so change it to auto or internal then install some more apps or whatever. Don't know to much about htc, XDA forums pretty good with them tho

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I know the D2G comes with an 8GB micro-SD card. I am planning on getting a D2G... Can I take the 16gb card from my original Droid and use it in the D2G?