how do i select all email messages to delete?

rjsg925

Reaction score
sorry if this has been addressed before. this is my first post ever. i have a droid #1 with the 2.2 update.
i use gmail and the factory installed email.
how do i select all emails so that i can delete them at one time? it is a real pain to select each one then delete them , but this only puts the emails into the trash folder and i have to go through the same process again.dancedroid

agknife

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem....hoping for a positive reply!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You just tap on the box with the check mark to the left of each post and then tap the delete key. It will delete everything you have checked off.

kellygh

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my Incredible. I just switched from a BB, and I loved being able to delete all msgs w/ one push of a button. I have not yet found a way to delete all of my msgs at once. I too have to tap each one in order to get it deleted. Same process with trash folder! I want to wipe out the trash with a tap of "delete all." Does any such thing exist? I sure hope so, because I find this more than a minor annoyance!

kellygh

Reaction score
Yippee :icon_ banana:!!! I figured it out. I have an Incredible, and know next to nothing about theses Android phones, so I'm not sure how mine differs from the Droid; however, this is what worked for me. When I hit menu, my options (including delete) come up. I click delete, and then I hit menu again, and a small box will pop-up giving me a choice to "delete all." Works when in email or trash. Yay! This issue was stressing me. Hope it works for others!

G

guydroid

The "options" choice you reference does not seem to appear on the Droid running OS 2.2.

Anybody running an original Droid figure this one out yet?

Thanks.

kellygh

Reaction score
When I say options, I mean when I click on menu, I am given several options of action to choose from. Unfortunately, I am ignorant. I can not reference what OS I have, but when I am in sms messages or mail, I hit the menu button. When I hit the menu button, my "options" are refresh, delete, sort, compose, folders, delete, & more. I tap delete, and then I tap the menu button again. After hitting the menu button for the 2nd time, I then have the option to tap "mark all." If you tap mark all, it will "x" all of your messages to delete. Then you can just tap delete, & erase all without having to tap on each individual message. Hope that makes sense, and I hope you figure out the issue. It was almost intolerable to me.

G

guydroid

Erasing emails - NOT!

Thanks much kellygh for your detailed reply. However you are running something different that I am running on my original Motorola Droid phone. When I hit the menu button in mail (or trash folder in mail for that matter) my options are much less robust than yours are. All I get are: Refresh, Compose, Deslect All (if anything selected) Folders, Accounts and Settings. You either have a more recent phone or an upgraded operating system than the latest version 2.2 (Build FRG22D) that I have to run.

Thanks for the description.

Anybody else out there figured this one out for the original Droid model?

Thanks.

leojbarbosa

Reaction score
Go to: Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> All tab (wait for it to load all apps names correctly)--> Gmail (or any other e-mail manager)--> Clear data Be sure to disable auto-sync so it won't load your e-mails automatically: Settings--> Accounts & sinc --> Auto-sync

rAudiOne

Reaction score
When viewing your list of emails, click the box next to any single email, then press Menu..you'll see the choice of Select All, then you can Delete (all)

janmaylive

Reaction score
How do I delete all my thousands if emails on my iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk