How do I re-add Google account?

Reaction score
Twice now my phone has lost my Google acct under Menu>Settings >Accounts &Sync. When this happens I lose all my contacts and cannot access the market or open Gmail. I'm not talking about my Gmail account under accounts & sync but the Google account. If this happens again is there a way to get it back without a factory reset?
Also, if I have to do a factory reset, how do I keep the market from automatically pushing my apps to me? I have them backed up with Titanium Backup. Is there a way to just download TB then restore from that?

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The same thing happened to me a while back. Only option I was able to find was the FDR. After the reset uncheck the option to reinstall your apps via the market. Once you are up and running you will have to download TB from the market and it will find your backup files. Restore the apps plus data. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
A
Reaction score
I'll try that thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twice now my phone has lost my Google acct under Menu>Settings >Accounts &Sync. When this happens I lose all my contacts and cannot access the market or open Gmail. I'm not talking about my Gmail account under accounts & sync but the Google account. If this happens again is there a way to get it back without a factory reset?
Also, if I have to do a factory reset, how do I keep the market from automatically pushing my apps to me? I have them backed up with Titanium Backup. Is there a way to just download TB then restore from that?

I'm sorry, but can you explain to me what the highlighted sentence above means? You account that drives both Gmail and the Market is your Gmail account. Do you have more than one Gmail account on the phone? Sorry for my confusion.

OP
A
Reaction score
It is confusing I know but in Accounts and Sync under settings you can have both a Google account (that uses your Gmail address) and a Gmail account that is used by the phone's stock email app. The problem I'm having is the Google account disappears and doesn't even show as an option when I try to add an account. So far only a reset fixes this.