How do I get the photo view to stretch full screen again?

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
Help! :( when I usually view photos on my droid x, if I turn the phone to the horizontal position the photo will stretch to full the entire screen. But today I did something to it that made it smaller and now there are black bars on either side :( I can't for the life of me figure out what I did!! I've tried every setting I can think of!

Anyone know the secret??

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
Oh come on! 8 views and no one knows how to put it back to default setting?! ;)

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
Any other takers? It was never this way before...now inside the black bars on the side there's an HDMI icon in the upper left, a play icon in the lower left, and an "i" (info) icon in the lower right, all inside the left and right black bars.

Before on its previous setting, the photo would just stretch to fill up the entire screen and those icons wouldn't be there. I was holding my phone and didn't realize it was on and viewing the gallery yesterday and I must have pressed something without knowing it, but I have no idea what I did!! :(

Leung

Reaction score
are you looking at your pictures through the "picture slide" or through the gallery?

because that makes a difference. I tried looking at my pics first through the slide and the images were really small while through the gallery and everything was nice and large.

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
silly question.. but it's worth asking anyway...

have you opened a photo and double tapped on the photo?

Yes -- if I double tap a photo, it does this ridiculously close zoom in!! Then if I double tap again, it just goes back to the regular size but with the 2 bars on the sides, not stretched to full screen :( And if I zoom in, then zoom out just until it's stretched to full screen where it used to be, it won't stay that way...if I hit "back" it just goes back to the black bars on the sides and if I try to scroll left or right to the next photo it just moves around in the photo since I'm technically zoomed in.

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
are you looking at your pictures through the "picture slide" or through the gallery?

because that makes a difference. I tried looking at my pics first through the slide and the images were really small while through the gallery and everything was nice and large.

Gallery...it was always working fine on full screen until I did something yesterday to it! I had a photo open (from gallery) and I had to grab something with that hand so I didn't close it or put it on standby, I just grabbed the other item. And while I did that, I must have pressed something or changed some settings because when I looked back, the "info" screen was on which has all of the image information and when I hit "back" that's when I noticed that the view was different :(

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
Hey what if I restore all of my phone's settings back to factory? Think it'll help?? The question is...will that delete any of my apps that are currently installed or any of my photos/videos or the items in my calendar?