How do I get the photo view to stretch full screen again?

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the pictures you already took are small, then that's how they will stay.

They were fine stretching to whole screen before I did this...now those same photos are not.

Are you rooted? Do you remember what you done before it started acting up? Try opening up your camera and then changing your mp to either 5 or 8.

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
If the pictures you already took are small, then that's how they will stay.

They were fine stretching to whole screen before I did this...now those same photos are not.

Are you rooted? Do you remember what you done before it started acting up? Try opening up your camera and then changing your mp to either 5 or 8.

not sure what "rooted" means? I know I've been on the 8mp setting since before this thing started minimizing my photo view sizes with the black bars on the sides, and it always stretched to full screen view.

Funny thing is - now if the camera is on that 8mp setting, even the viewfinder in the camera itself when you go to take a photo has the black bars on the sides! It never used to do that! Now, the only way to get the black bars to go away is to use the "wide screen" camera setting, which I'd never done before :( Did I somehow change the overall size of my entire phone screen??

When this all changed, I didn't realize my phone wasn't on standy so I was viewing a photo and holding the phone, pressing buttons I didn't know I was even pressing and when I went to look, the screen had changed from full screen to this smaller view with the black bars :/

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
The strange thing too is that one of the photos (the old ones I took months ago) IS stretching to full screen and when I click "info" it was taken at 6mp...which is strange because 6mp isn't even an option on my phone right now!!! (and I know I took that photo with this phone, it was back in February). AARRRGH my phone is trying to drive me insane!!!!!!!!!!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
This may sound weird, but how are you holding the phone when you are looking at your pix? The reason I ask is this..when holding in Portrait, the pics wont be full screen since the camera is set to take pics by default in Landscape. If you hold the phone in Landscape position and then view the pix, they should show in full screen mode...

Sent from my GB'd Droid X

ddrylie

Reaction score
What is the resolution that your camera is set to?

When in the camera, click on the physical menu button, then click on settings.

Picture Resolution should be set to "Widescreen". If it's not, then pictures you take will not "stretch" across the full screen. Change this setting, take a picture, and see it that makes a difference.

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
This may sound weird, but how are you holding the phone when you are looking at your pix? The reason I ask is this..when holding in Portrait, the pics wont be full screen since the camera is set to take pics by default in Landscape. If you hold the phone in Landscape position and then view the pix, they should show in full screen mode...

Sent from my GB'd Droid X

I'm holding it in landscape (horizontal)...and to clarify again everyone, this was working fine until the other day so it's got to be some sort of setting or something that got changed. I've had the phone probably 5 or 6 months now and it's just now doing this, it was working fine up until now.

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
What is the resolution that your camera is set to?

When in the camera, click on the physical menu button, then click on settings.

Picture Resolution should be set to "Widescreen". If it's not, then pictures you take will not "stretch" across the full screen. Change this setting, take a picture, and see it that makes a difference.

Yeah well that's the strange thing...I've NEVER had it set on widescreen, always on 8mp. And it has ALWAYS stretched to full screen anyway. Until after that change this week, NOW it WON'T stretch to full screen unless it's in widescreen mode.

I thought maybe I had just THOUGHT that I've always had it in another mode so I went scrolling back through my photos to check. I found one that DOES indeed stretch to full screen, but it was taken in 6mp. So why is it that they ALL used to stretch to full screen in the landscape view mode and now only widescreen and one 6mp photos do?

JScharf92

Reaction score
The strange thing too is that one of the photos (the old ones I took months ago) IS stretching to full screen and when I click "info" it was taken at 6mp...which is strange because 6mp isn't even an option on my phone right now!!! (and I know I took that photo with this phone, it was back in February). AARRRGH my phone is trying to drive me insane!!!!!!!!!!!

6MP is the size of pics taken in the widescreen setting. a pic taken in 8mp will be more boxy. not sure about your actual issue though. all i can think of is to make sure that it is on widescreen.

or... and this is just a thought... did you get a new case that might be covering some of the camera view and isint letting that part of the camera take a pic?

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score

6MP is the size of pics taken in the widescreen setting. a pic taken in 8mp will be more boxy. not sure about your actual issue though. all i can think of is to make sure that it is on widescreen.

or... and this is just a thought... did you get a new case that might be covering some of the camera view and isint letting that part of the camera take a pic?

My 8mp photos used to stretch to widescreen and they don't anymore...makes zero sense to me :icon_evil: And no, the case is the same one I've used since day 1 and isn't covering up the lens at all.

Again, it used to work and now those SAME photos that I had ALREADY TAKEN that used to stretch DO NOT stretch anymore...so it's GOT to be a view setting or something...it happened after I pressed something unknowingly while I thought the phone was locked. So it has nothing to do with what setting my camera photo size is on unfortunately...I wish it was that easy. :blink:

wyld

Reaction score
I did the same thing awhile back in camera settings there a widescreen resolution I thought I was taking pics in 8mp and wasn't was taking in widescreen is actually 6mp I accidentally hit 8mp then pics I was taking were not stretched out like the other ones were

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
Well they sent me a new phone but it does the same thing:( maybe it's the new software update or something, who knows :/

wyld

Reaction score
Camera settings choose widescreen picture?

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X