How do I get a Shortcut to my Favorites?

nateccnn

Reaction score
I am looking for a solution to click one button to get directly to my list of favorites in my contacts. I have widgets in Launcher Pro and HTC Sense that give me tiles for each contact. That is not what I want. I want one 1x1 tile I press to take me directly to my list of favorites so I can pick someone to call or email from there.

I have never owned a phone that diud not have this functionality. But for the life of me I can't find a way to do it on this Thunderbolt. On my Droid I could get there after tapping the Phone shortcut. But even that is not an option from the TB.

Any ideas?

Nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
I found a temporary solution. I made a folder on my Home Page and then created shortcuts to Persons and picked the Contact from the list, then chose View Contact for the default action. I then dragged each of the shortcuts into the folder and renamed the folder to Favorites.

Kind of a PITA to add contacts this way, but once done it has one button click to a list of my favorites and from there I click on the favorite's pictures and I have their contact card. It takes up a 1x1 space on my home screen, right above my shortcut to the phone dialer. It works. It may not be polished, but it works. The drag is that when I add a fav to my contacts list it will not automatiucally update this workaround. So I will have to add them as a favorite (fgroup) and then create the shortcut and drop that into my new Fav's folder. Thank God I don't go through a bunch of best friends...lol...the list of favorites has been pretty static for about 20 years.

I still can't believ this functionality is not included with the phone or an app has not been designed to do this.

Nate