how do i delete a video when it doesnt exist

amon1amarth

Reaction score
Okay so I moved this video around in my pho.e andi deleted it I no longer have this video but it is still showing in my gallery. When I try to play it, it says file doesn't exist how do I delete it if it wont let me eathier... please I need help quick

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would go to the settings menu and under manager applications I would clear cache and data for the app you are using for videos. That will force the app to check for media again and the file will not be found and therefore not listed.

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
Well I "hid" the video in my phone files in a folder I had for an app then I made a ten deep folder. For example new folder into a new folder ext... it showed up in my gallery such I didn't want it too so I copied it and moved it and then deleted it from its original spot but the image of the video is still in the galllery and I can't play it because it says file does not exist and it doesn't have a delet option.. I also deleted the whole entire folder where I was hiding it. And it gave me no help....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did it by chance get copied into your Picasa?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Maybe your just seeing the thumbnail of the video, check in the thumbnails folder on your sd card and see if that is whats showing up. If so just delete that and your good.

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
I tried looking the thumbnail thi.g in my files on my phone but I can't find it... and what's picasa?

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
I did but the video that I hid is stil showing in my gallery. Now the location is found but I don't wanna delete it I just wanna hide it and it not show in my gallery no matter what and I wanna be able to play it from tine to time.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Add . Zip or .bak to the folder name, when you want to view it just remove the extension.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

lombardi904

Reaction score
hey semp do you think you can check out the thread i posted about clockwork a few minutes ago. i know this is kinda random and way off topic but im desperate for help

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
How do I add a zip or what ever lol sorry kinda new to the whole droid crazyness

Sniper_5

Reaction score
What are you using to access your SD card? computer? or a file manager on the phone?

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
The app called" files" on my phone so basically the file manager I think

Sniper_5

Reaction score
OK, most have a long press option to rename the file. Just rename " VIDEO" to " VIDEO. ZIP", not the file, but the folder its in.

OP
A

amon1amarth

Reaction score
Okay and if I have it burrows in another app can it still work like I have ir in a random file andikept putting a new folder in a new folder for like 15 times. Does the main folder from the files have to be named tht or can it be the last one?