How do I create a "I'm here" GPS shortcut for Nav?

DaveDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to create a shortcut for the GPS to note my current location, so I can find my way back later? I travel extensively, and it would be useful to set a bookmark to get navigation instructions to get back to the bookmarked place.

Thanks!

:motdroidhoriz:

allikanbe

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to create a shortcut for the GPS to note my current location, so I can find my way back later? I travel extensively, and it would be useful to set a bookmark to get navigation instructions to get back to the bookmarked place.

Thanks!

:motdroidhoriz:

I think My Maps Editor will do that for you.

OP
D

DaveDroid

Reaction score
Thanks allikanbe,

I downloaded the Map Editor but that seems like too much work for me. I saw a $50 gadget at Costco the other day that let's you just push a button to mark where you are and will guide you back via GPS later. If that doesn't exist, a bunch of Android developers are missing out on an opportunity.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since your issue is solved... I just wanted to add, this is maybe a bit off topic, but check out the app My Tracks on the market. It's free and it tracks where you are and where you go on a map. Its great for hiking and going on walks because it shows your entire trail and stats like speed, distance, ect... I also use it driving sometimes for fun.

So yea, off topic, but super cool...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also maybe one of those "where did i park my car" apps...?