How do I change my text message notification?

Reaction score
I know how to add custom ringtones for phone calls but my text tones don't show up like they did on the 5 other Android phones I've had. I really miss my "DROID" notification that I've used since I got my Droid in 2009, I even used it on 2 iPhones.

How to I add notifications?

Alvarez13

Reaction score
I know how to add custom ringtones for phone calls but my text tones don't show up like they did on the 5 other Android phones I've had. I really miss my "DROID" notification that I've used since I got my Droid in 2009, I even used it on 2 iPhones.

How to I add notifications?
This is my favorite notifications app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite&hl=en

I
have it flash a little red light when my battery gets low, a little pink like and custom sound for when the fiance calls/texts, yellow light when charging and green light when fully charged, and a pop up message for when something else happens that I don't remember. Anyways, best way to control sound, popups, and indicator light.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
Is there a way to do without an extra app? I don't like a lot of clutter but if there's not I can just get Light Flow like suggested above.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can find the wav or mp3 file, just stick it on the SD card in a folder called Ringtones. It should show up as a notification option.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
If you can find the wav or mp3 file, just stick it on the SD card in a folder called Ringtones. It should show up as a notification option.

I did that and it popped up in phone ringtone but not Default notification. I just checked again (after rebooting) and there it is.

Thanks guys, I got it.