Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Depends on what you're doing. On my Droid 1 it's a simple process. If you have an mp3 you currently want to assign, go to your music app, find the song you want, then long-press it. I don't know as it's that much different as the default music app is a Google app. :)

ajk23az

Reaction score
Download the app named "ringdroid"

It allows you to pick any mp3 in your collection and pick ANY part of the song you want. You can then set it as an alarm ringtone, notification ringtone, phone ringtone etc. AWESOME app.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Download the app named "ringdroid"

It allows you to pick any mp3 in your collection and pick ANY part of the song you want. You can then set it as an alarm ringtone, notification ringtone, phone ringtone etc. AWESOME app.
+1 to that!

If you're making your own tones and want to do it on your phone that's the best app out there to do it!

ellenr

Reaction score
droidx doesn't see imported ringtone

I downloaded two ringtones to my DX. I never could get my phone to see them, so I couldn't set either as my ringtone. I finally took time today to investigate. The imported ringtones came in with .mpga extensions. I manually changed one to .mp3 and it works. Can someone explain why the phone can't see a file from a bona fide ringtone site with .mpga, or, conversely, why they set their files for downloads with an extension that won't work? What am I missing here? Thx

listenman20

Reaction score
There is no explanation for that. Other than the phone recognizes only certain file types. And for some weird reason those ringtone sites wanna put weird file extensions on them. But I do hope you realize quickly enough that there are apps on the market that have free tones that you don't have to register for. There's some that ain't in the market as well.