How come this is on the Driod Does Site and I did not get the Update yet?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Droid 2.2 Update
Your DROID X by Motorola - even better with Android™ 2.2!

Great news! Verizon Wireless has released the new Android™ 2.2 software update for DROID X by Motorola. The new Android 2.2 software update - also known as "Froyo" - includes many new features for your phone and tons of shortcuts. Your phone has automatically received this update – no additional steps are required!
For a complete list of enhancements and download instructions visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola
Exciting New Features in Android 2.2:

1. Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 for Android Pre-Installed - improved Web browsing to view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games for Android.
  2. Automatic Software Updates - choose to automatically update Android Market Apps you've downloaded, so you always have the latest application version installed.* Plus choose where your applications are stored – in your phone's memory or on a storage card with more capacity.
  3. 270° Screen Rotation - applications will now work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.

While the update is free, data charges may apply.
© 2010 Verizon Wireless. *Application download may be subject to developer's approval. See developer's notes in application before downloading from the Android market. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.

Reaction score
Droid 2.2 Update

Great news! Verizon Wireless has released the new Android™ 2.2 software update for DROID X by Motorola. The new Android 2.2 software update - also known as "Froyo" - includes many new features for your phone and tons of shortcuts. Your phone has automatically received this update – no additional steps are required!
For a complete list of enhancements and download instructions visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola

1. Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 for Android Pre-Installed - improved Web browsing to view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games for Android.
  2. Automatic Software Updates - choose to automatically update Android Market Apps you've downloaded, so you always have the latest application version installed.* Plus choose where your applications are stored – in your phone's memory or on a storage card with more capacity.
  3. 270° Screen Rotation - applications will now work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.
© 2010 Verizon Wireless. *Application download may be subject to developer's approval. See developer's notes in application before downloading from the Android market. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.

If you go to the link: Software Update: DROID X by Motorola
It still shows the update to 2.1. Nothing official has come from Verizon yet.

Technoman

Reaction score
Droid 2.2 Update

Your link, and the text posted are all fake. If you actually go to the Verizon site for the Droid X update it lists the baseband and version that are current for 2.1 update 1.

I don't know if the post is of your doing, or if you are a victim of the fake posting, but it is not real.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Droid 2.2 Update

Your link, and the text posted are all fake. If you actually go to the Verizon site for the Droid X update it lists the baseband and version that are current for 2.1 update 1.

I don't know if the post is of your doing, or if you are a victim of the fake posting, but it is not real.

I got it from Droid Does page and the link Software update would not open for me. That is why I was wondering where is my update. Also the link is in this Article I just found on Droid life. http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/17/so-droid-x-2-2-update-whats-the-deal/

Technoman

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your link, and the text posted are all fake...

How can it be fake when it's on Verizon's own Droid Does website? Granted, the update isn't here and it's more than likely that it's a placeholder document for something coming in the future.

It looks like the page was created but is dormant until they do release it. Somehow, this person stumbled upon the dormant page, because the domain is a Verizon owned domain name.

I am the Account Manager for my business (Hospital) and I get notifications from Verizon for any/all Android OS updates, and I still have not received anything for the Droid X.

I had been running the leaked 2.2 but actually downgraded back to 2.1 today because it was getting more and more buggy. 2.2 is nice, but it really isn't anything that is a game changer... not sure why people are so hopped up to get this ASAP. Personally, I'd rather have them make sure everything works and do a late release.

Reaction score
I got it from Droid Does page and the link Software update would not open for me. That is why I was wondering where is my update. Also the link is in this Article I just found on Droid life. So DROID X 2.2 Update, What’s the Deal? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

You can't believe everything posted at Droid Life, or any other web site. If it isn't posted on the support pages for the Droid X at verizonwireless.com then it probably isn't true.

It was posted at droiddoes.com, not droid life DroidDoes.com is owned by LucasFilm Ltd.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Reaction score
I agree I want everything to work correctly when it is released. I just thought it was released when I seen it on that Droid Does site...

Yeah, the only problem is than nothing on any other "verifiable" site (Verizonwireless.com or motorola.com) has a link to that page, it was found by someone on a Droid "fan" site in the background.

Reaction score

The link isn't fake... it's Verizon's Droid Does website.

This link has been floating around for a few days now and from some articles over the last 24 hours or so, a lot of sites are pointing at the 21st to be the drop date. Of course, that will probably be wrong as we have seen in the past.

Anyway, site not faked.