how can Verizon or Motorola claim 15.8 days standby or 21hrs talk time

OP
F
Reaction score
well I just charged to 100% noticed I had lte on. I have smart actions set as battery extender triggers Display off, not charging Actions background sync. nothing in the auto end list

OP
F
Reaction score
well now im at 13hrs and at 93% havent used to phone all day. so i think the lte used some juice.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I have NEVER seen a phone (smart or otherwise) actually live up to the manufacturer's battery life claims. For some reason, I doubt ANY phone could maintain a phone call for 21 hours straight without running out of battery.

OP
F
Reaction score
yes i never had either but this is class action law suit territory. I don't think you could get a week out of this phone if it was in sleep mode. 15.8 days is a complete lie.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
yes i never had either but this is class action law suit territory. I don't think you could get a week out of this phone if it was in sleep mode. 15.8 days is a complete lie.

With my OG Droid, after I upgraded, I put it in airplane mode and turned on wifi. I turned off anything that would sync, and I could get 4 - 5 days out of it prior to hitting 15% when the warning pops up. The battery in that device is much smaller than the RAZR MAXX. Also that battery is the original battery so it doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to.

If you completely disabled everything possible on the RAZR MAXX, it should be able to last quite some time theoretically. I would bet about 10 days would be fairly possible. 15.8 days does seem like a stretch, and 21 hours of talk time seems a little high to me as well. I am sure they achieved both somehow though. Perhaps with super ideal situations.

OP
F
Reaction score
well im at 40hrs and 53% iv spent a little more then a hour talk time and 45min watching video on a 50" hd tv. so I gess turning off the lte and background data makes a big differance.

OP
F
Reaction score
i am now at 86hrs and just hit 15%. I have nothing set to auto end I have smart actions set to
triggers
display off
not charging
disable background sync
that is it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
By the way, you said you had nothing set to auto kill. You should have EVERYTHING set to auto kill. That way the apps are killed when your not using them

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Axium

Reaction score
With my OG Droid, after I upgraded, I put it in airplane mode and turned on wifi. I turned off anything that would sync, and I could get 4 - 5 days out of it prior to hitting 15% when the warning pops up. The battery in that device is much smaller than the RAZR MAXX. Also that battery is the original battery so it doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to.

If you completely disabled everything possible on the RAZR MAXX, it should be able to last quite some time theoretically. I would bet about 10 days would be fairly possible. 15.8 days does seem like a stretch, and 21 hours of talk time seems a little high to me as well. I am sure they achieved both somehow though. Perhaps with super ideal situations.

Same here. I bet if you turned off wifi you'd get maybe two weeks easy. I know I did on my og Droid after I upgraded

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
F
Reaction score
i do have wifi gps bluetooth off. I was told that some apps will keep trying to turn them selfes on if set to auto kill so I removed everything from auto kill. from page 1. Waht is safe to auto end?