how can Verizon or Motorola claim 15.8 days standby or 21hrs talk time

Reaction score
I have everything turned off except missing call reminder, battery indicator, dataoffload, and yahoo mail. I have never had more then 30 something hrs of standby. My phone has everythig becides these apps on auto end. im at 79% after only 15hrs on standby. :mad:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They probably have data turned off and no email syncing, also I would not have anything set to auto end you are just wasting battery there.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its called fine print lol. The device used to make that reference didn't have data or any of the bloat junk weighing it down.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't believe it either. This is like the car manufactures claim for gas mileage.

Exactly they always use the highest number under the best possible case scenario that will more than likely never be duplicated out in a real world environment.

OP
F
Reaction score
how would auto end be wasting battery. I thought it was to save the battery by turning stuff off that does not need to be on?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ford7379trucks said:
how would auto end be wasting battery. I thought it was to save the battery by turning stuff off that does not need to be on?

It depends on what you auto end. So many apps automatically start right back up immediately after they're turned off so the auto end keeps turning it off again just to have it restart again and this never ending process drains your battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It depends on what you auto end. So many apps automatically start right back up immediately after they're turned off so the auto end keeps turning it off again just to have it restart again and this never ending process drains your battery.

What she said :)

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:

Is there some sort of list that will tell us what kind of apps just re open right away?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahhh, HELP! :-O

Apps that are set to sync, many widgets, many depend on how you have them set up.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Set everything to auto kill. It only kills after the screen goes off for two mins.

Use smart actions battery extender. When the screen times out it will kill background data, therefore your phone won't be looking for updates all the time. However right after you wake it, it will pull down pic messages and emails if any are out there.

Also, when active, delete the motion rule in battery extender, I also deleted the kill GPS rule.

Turn down your screen brightness.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also I'm moving this to the battery section :).