How Can I Increase Battery Life

ignace

Reaction score
Do not leave your cell phone near any source of heat, a common place being the dashboard of your car, as extreme heat may affect the

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
Screebl is good. The accelerometer senses when the phone is being used and keeps the screen on. So you can set the screen timeout to something aggressive like 15 seconds. I carry an extra battery too. Not the chinese knock offs. They only last for a month or two. Anker makes a good battery for $20.

*Luke*

Reaction score
I found juice defender worked amazing for me personally. I ran the balanced profile and allowed it to turn wifi on and off by location. I was on the gingerbread leak with said juice defender profile, using droid2 overclock set to 1200 on ultra low voltage and generally could get 2 days of moderate usage without having to charge it =)

Edit- something I happened to notice by chance also... When I switched from beautiful widgets to fancy widget, I saved a lot of battery...for whatever reason, BW seems to be a major battery drain...

Something else you may consider is using titanium backup to freeze any system apps that youre not using (such as amazon mp3 or the news and weather widget... Its different for everyone, but theres always some stuff that you don't use that can be turned off) keep in mind that you need to be rooted for that to work though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I like Juice Defender too. But I've gotten in the habit of swapping batteries at Lunch everyday. I'm usually at 50%. I read the Li-ion like that. Not always topped off, not dying.

*Luke*

Reaction score
I hadnt ever read up on lithium ion not necessarily preferring a full charge or being close to dead. I did know that they're different in that you don't have to worry about short-cycling them. That's interesting though, where did you find that information? That may convince me to get a second battery for my phone as well

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score

"The chemicals in Lithium-Ion batteries respond best to regular recharging. So if you have a Cellphone, don’t keep it plugged in all the time; go ahead and let it drain to about 40 or 50 percent of capacity, and then recharge.

The life of a Lithium-Ion battery can be measured in charge cycles. A charge cycle occurs when 100% of a battery’s capacity is used. Let’s say you use 50% of your Phone’s battery one day, charge it overnight, and then you use 50% of the battery again the next day. Even after charging it back up again, you’ll have only had one charge cycle occur."

The care and feeding of Li-Ion batteries | TechRepublic

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Juice defender, screeble, liberty rom and turn off auto sync. You want to enjoy the phone, not look at a dim screen just out of fear of the battery draining. I bought an extra battery off amazon for $5. Some think it's a scam but mine came authentic and it works great. Now I don't have to worry so much about my battery and can really enjoy my droid 2!

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. If your rooted download battery calibration app. It erases and reinstalls a fresh battery stat file so the battery icon reflects the true value of the battery

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

*Luke*

Reaction score

"The chemicals in Lithium-Ion batteries respond best to regular recharging. So if you have a Cellphone, don’t keep it plugged in all the time; go ahead and let it drain to about 40 or 50 percent of capacity, and then recharge.

The life of a Lithium-Ion battery can be measured in charge cycles. A charge cycle occurs when 100% of a battery’s capacity is used. Let’s say you use 50% of your Phone’s battery one day, charge it overnight, and then you use 50% of the battery again the next day. Even after charging it back up again, you’ll have only had one charge cycle occur."

Very interesting read, sir, thanks much for sharing =)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

Very interesting read, sir, thanks much for sharing =)

Like you I havent heard that either. The article was published in 2007, so I question its accuracy judging by how technology changes so rapidly. Sure Li_Ion batteries may not have changed drastically, but I have heard so many different theories on battery life I dont know what to believe anymore. However this is one particular theory I have never heard before so I personally put no stock in this particular one.

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
You can read battery articles all day long and find very little agreement among them. But I think the $20 battery makes them all irrelevant.