How Can I Increase Battery Life

ragbayani

Reaction score
I've been getting really bad battery lately and I dont know what im doing wrong. Can anyone suggest something that i can do that can increase it by even a little bit?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install Quickclock and Droid 2 Overclock. Use quickclock to calibrate your phone....FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS. Then export from Quickclock and import them into D2O....I am on 11 and a half hours with a lot of use and 50% battery...and that is being overclocked to 1.250 on my D2 running Liberty 1.5 which alone has improved my battery life.

All of the above requires root though. If you aren't rooted you should research first then if you still want to root check my signature for links.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Change the frequency in which your email, news, weather, and/or social networking updates, turn down the screen brightness, don't use live wallpaper, don't use an automatic task killer.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Great advice Pool_shark...especially if unrooted....you can also NOT use widgets.

True, but widgets are fun. :)
I also love live wallpapers. I charge my phone frequently and don't concern myself with battery life.

Last week was the first time I tested my battery. I had the brightness at 50%, Droid X live wallpaper, news and weather updating every 3 hours, gmail updating at will, updated a few apps, surfed the net, ordered cigars, and at my office I sit in a bad coverage area where my phone constantly switches between 1x and 3g.

I took the phone off the charger at 08:15 it was dead at 17:00.

Last edited:

zanesheean

Reaction score
You can increase battery life if reduce screen time-out for 1-2 minutes, this is an amazing effect, it shuts down the display is only when you use it

mwaters33

Reaction score
I downloaded Spare Parts from the market (included in liberty 1.5) when I had issues and couldn't figure out the culprit. You can ck partial wake usage, CPU usage, and several other options to show which apps or processes are killing your battery.

John Gi

Reaction score
Install Quickclock and Droid 2 Overclock. Use quickclock to calibrate your phone....FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS. Then export from Quickclock and import them into D2O....I am on 11 and a half hours with a lot of use and 50% battery...and that is being overclocked to 1.250 on my D2 running Liberty 1.5 which alone has improved my battery life.

All of the above requires root though. If you aren't rooted you should research first then if you still want to root check my signature for links.

im calibrating now. lets see how it goes, if it goes jets(good) then i will worship you :p haha thanks in advance

OP
R

ragbayani

Reaction score
ive been averaging 8-9 hours with heavy texting usage. does that sound right? 3G and Wifi are all off.

Presi

Reaction score
That seems a little slim honestly.

What other apps do you have running?

OP
R

ragbayani

Reaction score
That's it i dont open any other apps just texting.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score