Any Incredible ROMS to increase battery life?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I noticed the INC has recently been able to be rooted. But is there any ROM available stable that increases battery life?
Thanks

tktouch12

Reaction score
I'm probably getting one soon and I also am wondering if there are any roms that increasre it. Like a bugless beast type rom, because it gives super good battery life. But, I know that personally it would have to have sense for me, because that's why I would upgrade ro an inc in the first place

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
None that I have heard of as of yet. But there is also the supposition that the Froyo upgrade will help the battery. There have been many rumors and some possible confirmations that the battery life actually isn't necessarily the phone itself but that the internal programming on the phone is telling it that the battery is full and to stop charging when it is not. Hopefully that will be fixed. I did the radio update on mine and either I'm hallucinating or my battery has improved.

tktouch12

Reaction score
None that I have heard of as of yet. But there is also the supposition that the Froyo upgrade will help the battery. There have been many rumors and some possible confirmations that the battery life actually isn't necessarily the phone itself but that the internal programming on the phone is telling it that the battery is full and to stop charging when it is not. Hopefully that will be fixed. I did the radio update on mine and either I'm hallucinating or my battery has improved.

i dont have mine yet, so i wouldnt know, but i have heard that once it thinks its fully charged if you turn it off and charge it more then it will get fully charged (this post is good: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-droids-should-i-make-trade.html#post622953 )

and i have noticed that the incredible really isnt developed for nearly as much as other droids

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any rom that is de-sensed seems to increase battery life. Sense seems to suck alot of juice. On cm6 iI was able to go about 2 days on a charge with moderate use. That is just emails, texting, gtalk and phone calls. Not streaming anything though.

Also the newer 2.15 radio has really helped in battery life.

inessi

Reaction score
to be honest i usually get about a days use out of the thing with average web surfing and Over use of texting, to poke fun at it though this is my 2nd incredible insurance company just sent me this second 1 cause the first was broke and i got to keep the battery charger and sd card on the last one so if it ever gets reallllyyy bad i can just swap out batterys real quick and boom full charge again.

^ and all this is without being rooted and what not just stock outa the box so idk im coming from a moto droid and havent noticed much battery difference

Shiftyshadee

Reaction score
Any rom that is de-sensed seems to increase battery life. Sense seems to suck alot of juice. On cm6 iI was able to go about 2 days on a charge with moderate use. That is just emails, texting, gtalk and phone calls. Not streaming anything though.

Also the newer 2.15 radio has really helped in battery life.

There were times before I rooted that I had noticed Sense using over 50Mb. No can want!

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Can you direct me to the best radio and desensed ROM?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When ruby gets done I'm sure alot of you will enjoy it

NickF

Reaction score
I just installed a new hydra kernel, which is supposed to be much better at managing clocks than the stock kernel, along with clocking it up to 1.15GHz. I installed it over the Skyraider 2.5.2 rom.
So far, as per performance it is definitely snappier.
I went from 1188ms in CPU Bench to 769 ms, for those who use this synthetic.

As per battery life, the kernel is supposed to clock it down and undervolt it when its not beign used heavily, so we shall see.

Hydra Kernel:
Hydra Kernels - Hydra Kernels Information

SkyRaider:
[ROM] Sky Raider 2.5.2 [Sense or Vanilla!!!] UPDATED: 08/12/2010 - xda-developers

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes. Its the Sapphire build for the incredible.