How about we get an original stock rom here to start things off? (I need one)

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
True joe the offtopic is over... getting back to it
what if someone made a stock back up image could that be turned to a sbf
Not possible with locked bootloader. Motorola Recovery and fastboot only take Moto-signed packages.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Not possible with locked bootloader. Motorola Recovery and fastboot only take Moto-signed packages.

what about that razr developer edition you think there is any chance of getting anything out of that, that will translate to a razr or droid 4.

BTW who has the sbf files would a local verizon have those. What about a best buy. I have lots of friends around the bestbuy field. I also have new friends in the verizon area. I fear they prolly are all at the motorola head quarters.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I could make one if I had a Droid 4 to test it on. Stuck on my RAZR and can't test anything if I was able to turn the system pull into a Rom (which I can thanks to dhacker29 teaching me ;) ).
can you point me in the right direction for this cuz i really want to build a stock rom so i can make one more like asop...

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
can you point me in the right direction for this cuz i really want to build a stock rom so i can make one more like asop...
I ordered a Droid 4 (bricked) from a great member and I should be having it shipped soon. As soon as fastboot files are out I can upload the new Droid 4 Utility to fix bricked Droid 4's and start getting out a stock Rom.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's quite dangerous to run by themselves. I would only ever recommend that you have no other options.
well you said you got a bricked d4 coming so i figured you had no choice due to the fact we dont have fast boot and i wanted to expedite a fix. mine works fine, im just trying to help rather than just talking. since your waiting for fastboot ill teach myself how to make a update script due to the fact you will not help me so that we can flash a stock rom with safe strap.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
well you said you got a bricked d4 coming so i figured you had no choice due to the fact we dont have fast boot and i wanted to expedite a fix. mine works fine, im just trying to help rather than just talking. since your waiting for fastboot ill teach myself how to make a update script due to the fact you will not help me so that we can flash a stock rom with safe strap.
I am going to try to utilize the 173 Razr files and system backups from the D4 to fix the one I receive, and if it works have skylarmb put it into the full Droid 4 utility. I never said I would not help you. I already tried fixing a D4 with the 6.11.748 fastboot files for over an hour over teamviewer but I failed to make a difference. The guy I was helping is the one sending me his bricked D4.

Hashcode still hasn't made a safestrap for D4 and using the Razr one is quite silly to begin with. (2/19/2012)

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am going to try to utilize the 173 Razr files and system backups from the D4 to fix the one I receive, and if it works have skylarmb put it into the full Droid 4 utility.
thats a good idea i was looking at them this morning, when i referred you to the older ones i was only suggesting that razr files might be a good place to look for a fix. you know as well as me old files arent the way to go lol... anyway good luck with the fix! i like to see unbricked phones:biggrin: i uploaded a basic rom at worst i think it might not be signed cuz i did it on my laptop which i just installed java on. i didnt get any errors tho so you can mess with that if u like.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/199200-rom-stock-droid-4-rom.html

BTY i Did not install the razr safestrap i got mine stock except i rooted, installed busybox then removed alot of blur and replaced most of it with aosp apps and go contacts ex off the market lol
again im just tring to help ppl who got too antsy and installed bs onto it and want to flash something to get it going again.

Last edited: