How about we get an original stock rom here to start things off? (I need one)

Joseph007

Reaction score
I got to messin around with my D4, and accidentally rewrote over my backup with a backup with a missing file. Can someone help us all out with an upload of the original ROM?

Thanks.

OP
J

Joseph007

Reaction score
Like an idiot, I did a root and modded it, then backed it up over a good untouched ROM, so a factory reset applies a rooted, messed up OS. Please help!

OP
J

Joseph007

Reaction score
Got it, tried it, but it is not in image format yet. I will be trying that later. I tried replacing the files that I thought I had damaged, but it is not working yet...murururrrrurrr........

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What do you mean you backed it up over the stock ROM with the missing file? Do you mean nandroid backups?

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I got to messin around with my D4, and accidentally rewrote over my backup with a backup with a missing file. Can someone help us all out with an upload of the original ROM?

Thanks.

another one bricked there are already a bunch on this forum i recommend against rooting or messing with the phone much right now. I mean really is it that slow or laggin you need it.... is there anything that really can be gained right now. Dont say tether... there is tons of apps for that.

OP
J

Joseph007

Reaction score
another one bricked there are already a bunch on this forum i recommend against rooting or messing with the phone much right now. I mean really is it that slow or laggin you need it.... is there anything that really can be gained right now. Dont say tether... there is tons of apps for that.

Hey, don't be hatin' since I'm doing something you are not brave enough to try :p

I rooted it because I use webkey. And I wanted to get all of the Vcrap and Motocrap off it. And because I dabble in Java. And because warranties are meant to be voided.

But, back on topic.

Got it squared now...I had Best Buy exchange it when i got done messin with it and low and behold, this new one seems to be set up differently...the stock set of settings like "enable USB debugging" were not on. The other one already had it checked...something makes me thing someone was messing with it before I bought it. I know the boxes are generally not sealed so they can do the initial setup, so it wouldn't be too hard.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Hey, don't be hatin' since I'm doing something you are not brave enough to try :p

I rooted it because I use webkey. And I wanted to get all of the Vcrap and Motocrap off it. And because I dabble in Java. And because warranties are meant to be voided.

But, back on topic.

Got it squared now...I had Best Buy exchange it when i got done messin with it and low and behold, this new one seems to be set up differently...the stock set of settings like "enable USB debugging" were not on. The other one already had it checked...something makes me thing someone was messing with it before I bought it. I know the boxes are generally not sealed so they can do the initial setup, so it wouldn't be too hard.

1st dont confuse bravery with not wanting to mess with something that i dont have a way out of it, sometimes its better to be smart then brave especially because all your bravery did was cost someone else money (best buy). If you wanna know why prices are high people that pull this stuff are part of the reason.
2nd you said And because warranties are meant to be voided did you tell the people at bestbuy you bricked your phone or did you just say it was non-responsive. you said it yourself you voided your warranty. I dont understand why everyone feels entitled to something... you felt you were entitiled to a replacement.
3. if you had the best buy warranty, i take everything i said back because technically they cover it all. which is why i got it. The kid told me to get it if you root or anything and then just bring it in and just say it is busted.

so if you saying i am hatin', i am i hate entitlement. You busted your phone you pay your way out.

OP
J

Joseph007

Reaction score
U mad bro?

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I could make one if I had a Droid 4 to test it on. Stuck on my RAZR and can't test anything if I was able to turn the system pull into a Rom (which I can thanks to dhacker29 teaching me ;) ).

Skrilax_CZ

Reaction score
Can someone upload these files from D4:

/system/build.prop
/system/default.prop

B-Unit

Reaction score
1st dont confuse bravery with not wanting to mess with something that i dont have a way out of it, sometimes its better to be smart then brave especially because all your bravery did was cost someone else money (best buy). If you wanna know why prices are high people that pull this stuff are part of the reason.
2nd you said And because warranties are meant to be voided did you tell the people at bestbuy you bricked your phone or did you just say it was non-responsive. you said it yourself you voided your warranty. I dont understand why everyone feels entitled to something... you felt you were entitiled to a replacement.
3. if you had the best buy warranty, i take everything i said back because technically they cover it all. which is why i got it. The kid told me to get it if you root or anything and then just bring it in and just say it is busted.

so if you saying i am hatin', i am i hate entitlement. You busted your phone you pay your way out.

If it covers everything, its not a warranty, its a service plan or insurance. The warranty comes from one source, Motorola (serviced by Verizon or other carriers)

Now, yes, if he bought extended protection, fine use it, but to turn this in on a warranty claim is just sad. Mr Bravery loves to take risk as long as there isnt any and he can run to someone else to bail him out.

OP
J

Joseph007

Reaction score
Ok, now that everyone is off topic, it was taken back under the standard bestbuy return policy...so no warranty was used.

Now, on topic, what is suggested to be used to do a backup of the whole system without rooting it, since you seem to be very knowledgeable about non rooted devices.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
True joe the offtopic is over... getting back to it
what if someone made a stock back up image could that be turned to a sbf