Hotspot Hack, Any got caught yet?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's been caught using the hotspot hack? Ive been reading they can see it but Ive yet to hear of anyone actually getting caught. Starting to think it's just a rumor

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's been caught using the hotspot hack? Ive been reading they can see it but Ive yet to hear of anyone actually getting caught. Starting to think it's just a rumor

They can see it. When you use data from your phone and data from tethering it sends that info to Verizon. There's phone type data and tethering type data.

Droid 3 can mask it using the Radiocomm hack, but Bionic cant. Hope they can fine a way.

Shot to you from my FOREVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC!!!

Last edited:

bigkhan

Reaction score
Ok you say they can tell, but has anyone been caught? I have a friend who works in corporate at verizon, he says no one is even looking into it. Now take that for what it is, hear say. But I have confidence in him. I haven't been caught, I have 2 that use the hotspot hack. Me & the wife.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hunkoman

Reaction score
I sure if you hit s certain threshold they will look into it, but your going to get throttled befote that anyway. I've hit 5 and 6 gig on droid X several times never heard a word. But i do that on the Bionic and not tethering. If you can would use a traditional wired tethering Verizon stated they could careless about this type of tethering. Wireless tethering they assume you are tethering multiple souces and sucking a mass of bandwidth. But you probably knew all that.