Anyone else curious if this is true??

Drew_P

Reaction score
Hey peeps!! I was watching the wirefly unboxing video yesterday and something caught my ear immediately. Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear the guy say that the mobile hotspot feature would be free? I'm hoping it's true but I really doubt any company would give it away for free. My fascinate has the capability thru verizon....but only for $20 extra a month. Please reply and let me know for sure if I was hearing things. Maybe it was just wishful thinking

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

dajogejr

Reaction score
That Wirefly guy sounded about as sharp as a spoon in the knife drawer...
Rumors are it'll be free, rumors are it'll be free up front for a limited time (30 days, 60, etc.) and then there are rumors it'll be pay per use like every other phone.

You can root the phone and install wireless tether without paying the 20 a month...

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well I've used easy tether from the market on my fascinate, and it worked alright. I just think free hotspot would help boost what will likely be awesome sales. Especially to those that think the TB is being released with inferior specs. Initially I'm not one of them cause I can't wait for the release.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
And yes the guy in the video did seem a bit off.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit off.. He was a couple fires short of a happy meal... :) Yeah free hotspot would be nice, but rooting will happen.. Now my question is the wifi tether we use would it have any complications using the LTE 4G or since TB is 3G/4G it would revert to using the 3G? Not sure if there was a 4G wifi tether for root out there?

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
@wc that's an interesting point. 3g tethering is pretty much common place, but 4g is a whole different thing. That's something to investigate......

Fascinate stuck on 2.1