Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

Luxferro

Reaction score
I want to check out GDE, but it won't let me purchase it. Keeps saying my credit card is invalid. So I redid the info a couple times... still no good. So I put in another credit card... again, still no good. So I was like WTF, I know my cards work, so to test it, I bought NES emulator from the app store - worked fine.

Anyone have this issue, or know the reason why it wouldn't let my buy GDE?

GDE is priced in Euros. I had the same problem using Google checkout with my AmEx card. I switched to a Visa debit and it worked fine. Something about some cards not letting you do foreign currency exchanges.

Good luck!

I tried Amex, and Discover. Guess I'll try visa now lol. Thanks!

Edit: Visa debit worked here, thanks again!!

Last edited:

arcsum68

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the side docks not transparent in Panda? Its kinda hard to see the icons when they are overlayed on other icons.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have Deleted everything but GDE. To me it seems the most stable, even Pandahome was giving me slight issues. Pandahome is free and Ive paid for all the rest so I can easily go back to them once they are updated.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually found Panda to be most stable for me. GDE would slow down from time to time. All of them have potential though! They are all on the verge of being amazing but each has something holding them back. Something small though.

I'm about to try dxTop

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I actually found Panda to be most stable for me. GDE would slow down from time to time. All of them have potential though! They are all on the verge of being amazing but each has something holding them back. Something small though.

I'm about to try dxTop

Let me know if when returning to the Home screen does it take your icons several seconds to show up. Thats what turned me off.

robboxedit

Reaction score
So what am I missing here? I installed Pandahome and like but not thrilled (yet). I want to go back to my previous set up so I uninstalled the app but I cant get it off of the Pandahome theme? Figured if I uninstalled it it would default back to my original set up but its not. Any thoughts?

Thx

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Without Pandahome or some other home replacement, there can't be a theme, are you sure its not just wallpaper?

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
I have some folders that I created in the droid home... is there a way for me to copy it or transfer it to the pandahome theme?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
dxTop is cool because when you install it, it pulls all the icons from the normal home over to dxtop, no need to set it all up again. I'm not noticing any lag in icons appearing either. I'm actually really liking it. There are only 4 screens but I've learned that 4 is plenty, I actually like less screens with folders than I do 7+ screens.

robboxedit

Reaction score
gardobus, thats what i thought but its still using the theme background, sidebar buttons, different tab for the drawer, etc....

unless i didnt uninstall it correctly? whats the best way to uninstall an app? I guess I could look that up in search too but if its a quick answer id appreciate it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Change back to your normal Home just to be safe, then from the home screen, hit the menu button, click settings, go down and hit applications, find 91PandaHome in the list and delete it.

You probably deleted PandaBeta which is essentially just a launcher.

robboxedit

Reaction score
Ooops, nevermind, all good now... I uninstalled "Pandahome" and not "91Pandahome" ......thanks!

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
dxTop is cool because when you install it, it pulls all the icons from the normal home over to dxtop, no need to set it all up again. I'm not noticing any lag in icons appearing either. I'm actually really liking it. There are only 4 screens but I've learned that 4 is plenty, I actually like less screens with folders than I do 7+ screens.

I'll try DxTop again later and see if maybe I was having some compatibility problem with the icons.