Hmmm... Am I "Rooted"?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
A month or so ago, I downloaded the "launcher2.apk" that had the 3-D Gallery and the 5-Panel option. I loaded the "Home Switcher" app from the Market Place so I can switch back & forth. Stupid question... does this mean I am "rooted"? Just wondering if I will need to do anything for the new OTA update. Do I need to uninstalle the Launcher2.apk or does it matter. Don't want to brick the ole' phone cuz I like it! Any suggestions appreciated. Hope someone is reading these today instead of the much anticipated 2.1 OTA thread :)

Reaction score
A month or so ago, I downloaded the "launcher2.apk" that had the 3-D Gallery and the 5-Panel option. I loaded the "Home Switcher" app from the Market Place so I can switch back & forth. Stupid question... does this mean I am "rooted"? Just wondering if I will need to do anything for the new OTA update. Do I need to uninstalle the Launcher2.apk or does it matter. Don't want to brick the ole' phone cuz I like it! Any suggestions appreciated. Hope someone is reading these today instead of the much anticipated 2.1 OTA thread :)

If you did just this, then you are not rooted. The easiest way to check is to see if you have the "Super User Permissions" ninja icon in your app. drawer. If you do not, then you are not rooted.

gnmitchell

Reaction score

Do you have the Ninja SuperUser in your apps? If you do you are rooted, if not your not

G

gatewayad

No that did not root you, but it wouldnt hurt to remove it and any of the other 2.1 .apks you have loaded before you accept the update just to be safe. for example if you downloaded the music player or gallery or news widget just go into your setting and uninstall those then accept the update. Also wouldnt hurt to switch back to the home launcher before you delete it