His to change text sound

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Anyone know how to change the text sound to a custom sound that was downloaded ....???????

I got Gingerbread !!! Bring on ICS !!!

Nyobie

Reaction score
Are you referring to the Notifications sound when receiving a txt?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Are you referring to the Notifications sound when receiving a txt?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Yes I am .......

Nyobie

Reaction score
Ok, for the main setting of Notifications go to Settings > Sound > Notification Sound (located under the header Notification) and you should see a list of sounds. If the sound you're looking for isn't on this list, let me know. I don't now where the sound got stored on your phone when you downloaded it. Was it downloaded through an app like Zedge?

Correction... Just remembered you wanted custom settings so do this which will allow you to have a different sound for each of the Message types.

For specific text sounds, go to Messages > Settings > Notifications > Notification sound (located under the heading Received messages) and you should see a list of sounds here too. This setting, will change the sounds only for Message notifications (i.e. Text, MMS, Sent Messages, Voicemail notification) - there's a separate heading for each of those message types.

Last edited:
OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ok, for the main setting of Notifications go to Settings > Sound > Notification Sound (located under the header Notification) and you should see a list of sounds. If the sound you're looking for isn't on this list, let me know. I don't now where the sound got stored on your phone when you downloaded it. Was it downloaded through an app like Zedge?

Correction... Just remembered you wanted custom settings so do this which will allow you to have a different sound for each of the Message types.

For specific text sounds, go to Messages > Settings > Notifications > Notification sound (located under the heading Received messages) and you should see a list of sounds here too. This setting, will change the sounds only for Message notifications (i.e. Text, MMS, Sent Messages, Voicemail notification) - there's a separate heading for each of those message types.

I did as suggested and its not their I Dow loaded it via phone zoo and it is not an option like my ringtones

Nyobie

Reaction score
Ok, so I downloaded the app and tried it. There is no 'notifications' sound setting that I could find but there is a setting to make your phone's ringtones, any sound setting you select from the app so that's probably why you can't find the sound file that you want to use for notifications. Ringtones and notifications aren't the same files. Ringtones are typically a file that includes a sound clip that would last approximately the length of time your phone would ring before an incoming call goes to voicemail. Notifications are a short sound file that is set to the length of time that would be appropriate for a quick notification that you have an email or a text or a calendar notification for a reminder.

If you go to Settings > Sound > Phone Ringtone, you'll find a selection called myzootone which is selected if you set the ringtone in the app, to one of the bird sounds for example. So whatever sound you set in the app is the sound you'll hear for an incoming call but there's no selection on the app or on the phone for you to use the ringtones from the app for notifications. I'll tinker with the files and see if I can figure out how to do what you're asking. If I discover anything, I'll let you know. This isn't something I've messed around with previously.