Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have an awful sound alert sound for my text messages on my turbo
how do I change that sound to another sound
thanks

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Settings - Sounds- default notification sound/tap on it and it will bring up your stock list of sounds to listen to and pick one ..... and change it.

You can assign a sound (or a specific sound per item) to everything including people in your contacts.
IF you download lets say "zedge" from the playstore you can get creative. son, daughter, spouse, best friend etc

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Personally, I like my text notification sound to differ from my default notification sound, because apps that don't let you choose a sound will use that default sound and make you think you've just gotten a text when you really haven't.

Whether you're using the stock messaging app or a third-party texting app, there should be options in the settings of that particular app for notifications, where you can pick a different sound.

Zedge is a great idea if you can't find one already on the phone that you like.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. Per JK's point. Once you set your default notification you can go into "Text" like your going to send or read one. Tap on your three dots up in the corner and choose settings, scroll down and where it says "sound" pick a different one.
Now your emails will have one sound and your texts another. You can still assign different ringtones to specific people (or not) if you want as well.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
thanks all......found & went to settings in the stock app and changed the sound