Hiding Apps from drawer?

Flame323

Reaction score
Well, I have been using dxTop to hide crapware apps and things that don't really need to clog up my app drawer(like apps I have shortcuts/widgets for on my home screen), but I am sick of the freezes and I like the new Gingerbread launcher, so I was wondering if anyone knew of an app to hide other apps from the app drawer, preferably without changing the home screen.

EDIT:So apparently Gingerbread de-rooted my phone, are super 1 click or 1 click root being worked on now? I would like to get my tethering back soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best way to do it is to root, download root explorer and change the extension of the application.

harrellj

Reaction score
The app drawer is managed by your launcher. ADW and Launcherpro both also give options to hide apps from the app drawer and I believe there is a Gingerbread theme for ADW.

OP
Flame323

Flame323

Reaction score
Will that cause the apps to stop working? I still need them to work, I just want them out of sight/not have redundancy between my app drawer and home screen.

friguy3

Reaction score
The app drawer is managed by your launcher. ADW and Launcherpro both also give options to hide apps from the app drawer and I believe there is a Gingerbread theme for ADW.

You cant "hide" any app icons in ADW afaik, you can only create another app drawer and put what you want in there. LauncherPro you can hide app drawer icons. Wish they would add that to the ADW options.