hi my first smart phone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by baeswyn, Feb 8, 2014.

1. baeswyn

baeswyn New Member

hi i had a problem today and although nobody helped me i am happy to be here and i think i fixed my phone

i have a droid razr m it was the free phone from verizon and is a huge step up from the old land line we had

the phone is really complicated, and i found this website trying to figure out why the web browser just closes all the time randomly, right now the phone seems to be doing a major update and im sure that this will fix it

i am 33 i am from oregon and i work in construction

i enjoy the outdoors, running and working out especially pumping iron in my garage. i hope this phone works good because i leave the country for 10 months on a job and if this thing breaks on me i am basically not going to be connected to my family and i really like that i can keep up on the weather and the news, the phone would be amazing.. except its .. well anyways been real frusterated last couple days
  2. Mike.757

Mike.757 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site!

After you finish your update, go into settings, select application manager, select your browser. Then select force stop and clear cache. If that doesn't fix it, you might have to do a factory data reset. You might want to also check out other browsers. I really like Chrome but that is a personal choice.

Finally, since you are in construction and want your phone to last, I recommend the lifeproof case. They are more expensive but worth it if your phone is important to you. A friend of mine dropped his phone into the pool and didn't realize it for 12 hours. Phone was fine. They are waterproof, dust/dirt proof and fairly shock resistant.

Good luck!
  3. bigmatt503

bigmatt503 Member

Welcome! I'm also from Oregon (Portland). Enjoy you new smart phone :)

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2
  4. TECHTOM

TECHTOM New Member

Welcome! If the update doesn't work simply try to download anothrr one from the Google play store. I'll include some links:
    For Google crime click: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...um=organic&utm_term=google chrome android apk

For aosp browser click:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=aosp browser apk

For Firefox click: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m_medium=organic&utm_term=firefox android apk

These are just a few of hundreds you can chose from but these are some of the most popular and best performing ones. Good luck with your new phone!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard...