Hi everyone, newbie to a Samsung Fascinate

centaura57

Reaction score
but not new to droid types. I busted my old and first droid phone, a beginner's Samsung Gem. Liked it but it was a little sloooooooow. So in order to afford to replace it, I bought a 4-month used from an eBay seller - last night! I liked the reviews and it was in my pitiful price range (around $100). Only thing is, I have no idea what happens next. I've never had to replace a phone before during my "contract" with any phone service. So I guess next I'll be looking at all the FAQs to see if anyone's already lead the way on how to get the phone up and working with all my Stuff still there. Looks like it's going to be a pretty fun ride tho! See ya'll soon. dancedroid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
but not new to droid types. I busted my old and first droid phone, a beginner's Samsung Gem. Liked it but it was a little sloooooooow. So in order to afford to replace it, I bought a 4-month used from an eBay seller - last night! I liked the reviews and it was in my pitiful price range (around $100). Only thing is, I have no idea what happens next. I've never had to replace a phone before during my "contract" with any phone service. So I guess next I'll be looking at all the FAQs to see if anyone's already lead the way on how to get the phone up and working with all my Stuff still there. Looks like it's going to be a pretty fun ride tho! See ya'll soon. dancedroid

Good luck with your new phone. When the phone arrives, just contact your carrier for setup and activation. Your apps are tied to your gmail account and will show up when you log in from your phone.

Reaction score
Welcome buddy. Had the fascinate for about a year and a half and loved it. Make sure when you get it activated and all that to check for new updates so you can download the gingerbread on it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Make sure to stick around for a while :biggrin:

OP
centaura57

centaura57

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have a question, of course

When I first activated my phone, it tried to update to gingerbread, but I lost the signal somewhere along the line and now have no idea how to get it to download that again....even with a good signal. I've turned the phone off and back on again, nothing. Any suggestions?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Have you tried checking for the update? I don't know for sure your phone can do it since I am only familiar with Moto phones but try going into: Settings > About phone > and in there (on Moto phones) there is a check for updates option.

OP
centaura57

centaura57

Reaction score
Have you tried checking for the update? I don't know for sure your phone can do it since I am only familiar with Moto phones but try going into: Settings > About phone > and in there (on Moto phones) there is a check for updates option.

Thank you! That did the trick!!! Got it downloading now. :hail:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome!! I was hoping you had it there and it would work for you :icon_ lala: