Here we go with the refurbished nightmare

psychicdroid

Reaction score
So the update hosed my gps. It just won't read my correct location. I've taken it into the store and they reloaded the update or whatever they did and it still doesn't work. So today I got my first refurb and it's going back without even activating it. Slider is loose and I'm not accepting it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
keep sending back you might get a Droid 2?

aristo1963

Reaction score
download and try GPS status.For some reason it will sometimes kickstart a balky GPS.Its free and takes 5 min of your time to try.

OP
P

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I've done the GPS status. Working with it yesterday I figured out it is the stock apps that is the problem. Google maps will eventually update itself. The news and weather app for a little while yesterday had the right location. The browser, even though it says I'm 200 miles away, if I use the near me now option, it tells me what is actually near me, not the location it says. So I don't know what the deal is, but according to GPS status, the gps part is actually working properly.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
keep sending back you might get a Droid 2?

Good luck, I've had several legitimate issues with my droid and they refused to send me a D2, they kept telling me that they could only send me a refurbished D1.

verizon used to do this... but due to people abusing the policy it no longer exists. Now even if you get 20 defective devices you will only get the same device.

If i remember correctly if you went through 3 or more devices due to defect within 12 months they would offer a comparable device in exchange.

ricks

Reaction score
Just got my second certified like crap replacement and this one has bad hinges. It grinds when you open and close it and it sticks. They are sending me another one tomorrow. They offered me a Droid 2 and I declined it. I dont think I like the color.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just got my second certified like crap replacement and this one has bad hinges. It grinds when you open and close it and it sticks. They are sending me another one tomorrow. They offered me a Droid 2 and I declined it. I dont think I like the color.

I can't believe you turned down the D2. I got my D2 last week and it's far superior to my D1. I think you made a mistake... :)

ricks

Reaction score

I can't believe you turned down the D2. I got my D2 last week and it's far superior to my D1. I think you made a mistake... :)

If the the third one coming tomorrow is bad I might have to

Detonation

Reaction score

If the the third one coming tomorrow is bad I might have to

If you get them to even offer it again. Hope you remember the rep you worked with.