Help!

adriel16

Reaction score
I'm new to roms and I've never flashed one on the my phone and I recently started looking into it.
I want to install cyanogenmod9 on to my phone, but can't find anywhere where it tells you how to do it step by step.
I got the files from this page: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/motorola-droid-3/cyanogenmod/
b
ut I can't seem to find anywhere where it helps you step by step. I just want to be cautious and not mess up my phone. Thanks for your help :]

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
What I would do is first make a backup in non-safe mode, if you havent already done it. After that its pretty simple. In Safe-mode Wipe data / cashe / dalvik cashe, install CM9, install gapps, reboot.:biggrin: Once you yo get everything setup like you want it, make a backup of it.

I just assumed that you have Safestrap installed already.

OP
A

adriel16

Reaction score
Umm no I don't have safestrap. What does that do and how would I go about installing it?
Sorry, I'm I am not really familiar with all this stuff yet :/

OP
A

adriel16

Reaction score
Yes I am. Only thing I was able to figure out.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Well once in recovery you should be able in Safe mode. Select wipe data factory reset. Then wipe cashe. Then go into advanced and select wipe dalvik cashe.

Then select install zip from SD card. Select the Steel Droid zip..install. then reboot.
You should make a backup after that if you run into any problems

Rooted D3 Eclipse 2.2 ADW ex Launcher

OP
A

adriel16

Reaction score
Is it the same if I am not installing steel droid, but cyanogen9?

nu2droid

Reaction score
Yes, replace the name of your rom for the one in the directions. Pretty much all the same way..

Sent from my XT862