Help

disastar06

Reaction score
Hello All,

At this point I do not know where to put this thread. I am in some need of assistance.. I was told to upgrade my droid to gingerbread which now I have to say I fully regret. Iam trying to unroot my phone because I really just want to put it back to factory settings. I do not have a pc and in my house hold i only have a mac.

I do not think there is a way to unroot my phone back to factory settings with a mac. Please advise.

Thanks

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Ok well I'm not an incredible user so im not sure there's a way to wipe on a mac. What issues are you having.

OP
D

disastar06

Reaction score
ive tried doing the whole hold down on volume and press the volume button.. but from there its only allowing me to recover.. not really sure how i can flash back to what i had before..

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can get into recovery then you can try a factory reset which will wipe all user data and info. But why do you want to unroot? What other issues are you having?

OP
D

disastar06

Reaction score
i did the factory reset after selecting it it brought me to clockwork mod recovery. so from there i tried to do another data wipe/factory reset and all it does is brings me to a black loading screen with a hat..

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try to restore a backup if you can get into clockwork?

OP
D

disastar06

Reaction score
i can get into clockwork its basically not doing anything when i try to select any of the links on there.. wont even turn off the device.. just sits at a loading screen

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you can get to clockwork (green letters) but not do anything? Use the camera or volume buttons to navigate

knivesout

Reaction score
I believe on the Inc you press in the joystick thing to select an item in recovery.

OP
D

disastar06

Reaction score
yeahhhh i got it to go back to normal.. thanks for all of the help.. this thread can be closed now.. :)

OP
D

disastar06

Reaction score
just tried to unroot it. and now i have a black screen unable to get into my phone at all.. am i pretty much sol at this point..