Root to Unroot Problems (Droid1)

Nibbz

Reaction score
Ok so I'm trying to unroot my phone as I've had problems with it lately and want to take it to Verizon for a replacement. I used easyroot to root, and just tried to use it to unroot. I hit unroot and it said my hone was successfully unrooted and to reboot. I reboot but it still boots up to Sapphire rom, going into rom manager it also said my current rom is sapphire 1.0. I went into easyroot and it didnt have an option to root, only to unroot again. I think i'm kind of unrooted (ridiculous I know) because some apps that can only be used with root are no longer working but at this point I wanna put it back to root until my thanksgiving break where I have time to mess with it and get it back to verizon.

also, after I unroot and get my phone back to factory settings and everything, how do I change the recovery back to stock?

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
thanks a lot man I appreciate it

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok what about those with no acess to a windows comp?

to be more specific, my dad is getting a replacement, he needs to send the old on back. we have macs. i just had him download z4root so we can do a nanodroid on his old device and i want to make sure his phone shows no signs of root when he sends it back. so without windows can we get the stock recovery back? i have been searching for hours on this.