Help with SBF on Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by JOx, Nov 12, 2010.

1. JOx

JOx New Member

HEllo,

I am currently running Rubix Blurry 1.0 and am eager to try a new ROM, after reading about the new ROMS I found having a fresh SBF is the safest and best way to do it, some ROMS in particular, so I wanted to do that. When I ran RSD lite with the SBF file it said Sucess Please Boot Manually and when I did nothing happened? I still have root and nothing changed but I lost my black bar mod.

Also, when I went to close it said something along the lines of If you close you could permanently damage your device?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

did you wipe data and cache in recovery after applying the sbf?
  3. JOx

JOx New Member

No Should I? :-D That seems like an obvious answer that went right over my head....SHould I do that before SBF than it will go back to stock? I basically want to get my phone back to day 1 so I get a fresh start.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

5. JOx

JOx New Member

I SBF'd than wiped data and cache and I believe I lost root but all my apps and wallpaper is still there...? Is that okay? Re doing SBF right now. I feel like when I SBF'd a little while ago RSD found my phone while it was on and I didn't have to go to bootloader does that make a difference?