Help with root issue....strange issue with wifi hotspot

ralbertina

Reaction score
I have a razr maxx running on android 4.1.2 on the version network 98.72.16XT912. I rooted my phone and it appears to be rooted. I downloaded root checker and when I run this APK it states my phone is rooted. For wifi hotspot I have been using the paid version of foxfi which worked well until last evening. Now when I launch foxfi it appears to work, I see a strong signal on my iPad, but when I go to connect,there is no connection occurring. To address this, I was going to go into entitlements to change it to "0". When I launched ashell and click on the folder /data/, I get the message, "no root access". Any thoughts on why I am getting this message. All I want to do is fix my phone to access wifi hotspot, so if there is another work around, can you share it with me. Thanks

deduct

Reaction score
Make sure your su binary is up to date in superuser app.

deduct

Reaction score
Go into superuser app and scroll left to the info page. Then select the text that reads "tap to check for updates. "

OP
R

ralbertina

Reaction score
Go into superuser app and scroll left to the info page. Then select the text that reads "tap to check for updates. "

Okay, i went into Superuser to updtae the SU binary, the program, all steps came back "okay" until the final step: Make Sure New SU works....fail! I've retried updating the SU multpe times with the same end result each time. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

The message that flashes before the "fail" is "super user has been denied superuser permissions."