Help with customizing Vortex sounds

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to smart phones so bear with me. I recently bought an LG Vortex. I consider myself fairly techno-savvy but I'm having trouble assigning sounds to specific tasks like an email alert as opposed to a text alert. Also, can I assign a specific ringtones to different people in my contacts? Thanks in advance. This was all very intuitive on my good ole fashioned clamshell.

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Hi StiffOneEye,

I'm still getting used to my Vortex. But I hope I can help you out. Ok so it's possible even with default apps to set different ringtones for E-mail, text, and calls.

But they make you dig a little. For texts you have to open the Messaging app and then hit the Menu Key, then settings. Near the bottom of the settings menu is the notifications settings for this.

For E-mails, it's basically the same open whichever app you use, Menu Key, (for the Email app) it's Account Settings (for Gmail app it's More, then Settings) then notifications settings etc.

Ok and for contacts you can set a specific ringtone which I believe only applies to calls. To do this one, (more digging lol) Open your contacts, Specific Contact, Menu Key, Options, Ringtone.

I use SMS Popup for my texts now, and it allows you to set contact specific text ringtones. I also recommend Ringdroid to make your own ringtones from your music. Also RingsExtended will allow you to choose stuff other than defaults when choosing ringtones.
But those are just my opinions. Good luck!

OP
S

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
Thanks Ceboykin86.....that helped me a lot. They don't make it easy!