Help. Stop Delivery notifications and sounds.

brj5144

Reaction score
I bought a used phone with no manual. HTC Rezound 4g. Every time I send a text it pops up a message and plays a sound showing that it has been delivered. Can I stop this but I still want the envelope to show in my messages that shows when it has been delivered. I like to know when my messages are delivered I just dont' want the message and the sound playing.

Thanks
Brandon

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
check within the settings of the messaging app and there should be something along the lines of "play sound to confirm sent message".

OP
B

brj5144

Reaction score
Yes it looks like this
SENT MESSAGES
Sent notification - show notification in status bar when messages are sent - unchecked
Failure notification - show notification in status bar when messages cannot be sent - checked
Play notification sound - unchecked

I'm not sure where else to look or what to change. Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try restarting the phone after you change the settings. sometimes it takes a restart for changes to confirm.

if that doesn't work, I would clear the cache of the app and then redo the settings.

OP
B

brj5144

Reaction score
Restart didn't help. I tried to look up how to clear the app cache. If its easy can u help. If its a big deal you don't have to bother.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
go to settings --> apps and there should be an "all tab" or something along those lines. Scroll down and find the app, tap it and look for "clear cache"

Sorry I'm not familiar with the Rezound...

acejavelin

Reaction score
Your settings in Messaging->Settings->Notifications are correct, you should not be receiving notification sounds on sent messages. Have you factory defaulted the phone since you got it? It might contain a 3rd party app that is causing this to happen... Wiping the phone and leaving all the settings in Messaging at default should eliminate this issue on a stock ROM.

OP
B

brj5144

Reaction score
I bought it from a store. I assume they wiped it before I bought it. But I may have screwed it up. I may wipe it when I get time. Thanks.

OP
B

brj5144

Reaction score
Nothing worked. Does anyone else have a phone like this? My girlfriend has poor service at her house so I need to have delivery notifications turned on but the beeping and messages on my screen every time I send a text is driving me crazy. I did the factory data reset and the only thing I did after that was turn on delivery notifications for sent texts. Now it beeps and displays a delivered notification on the screen every time I send a text. All I want is the envelope. Thanks for any help.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Delivery notifications work this way on the stock Sense ROM... You would have to unlock and move to another ROM to get it work differently. When I was on Infection it just gave me notification in the message thread that the message was delivered.