Help - Ringer /Notificaton Volume

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Help!

I can barely hear my phone ring and or the notification sound son my phone. I go to settings and they show they are full. Is there another place that may have the volume down?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Reboot the phone. There are number of threads on this... unfortunately it seems that at times the phone speaker switches to the earpiece instead and thus the problem you are seeing, but so far in every case a reboot fixes the issue.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
switched to earpiece i bet, just reboot the phone and it'll fix it.

I ran into this problem couple days ago, been normal ever since.

S281

Reaction score
wierd, didnt know this was a common prob. Mine did this yesterday, a battery pull fixed it. but the annoying thing was i didnt realize the volume wasnt working until i missed a ton of calls and texts. I hope the update fixes this

JayMonster

Reaction score
wierd, didnt know this was a common prob. Mine did this yesterday, a battery pull fixed it. but the annoying thing was i didnt realize the volume wasnt working until i missed a ton of calls and texts. I hope the update fixes this

Why would you do a battery pull when a simple reboot would suffice? Were there other problems as well?

S281

Reaction score

Why would you do a battery pull when a simple reboot would suffice? Were there other problems as well?

Didnt know there was any other way to reboot but battery pull. How else?

JayMonster

Reaction score

Didnt know there was any other way to reboot but battery pull. How else?

Hold down the Power button on top until the menu comes up with the option to Power Down the Phone.

S281

Reaction score
I guess i knew how to do that, not sure why i didnt try that first,lol. I'll try it next time, but i just dont like that i miss a bunch of calls before i notice something is wrong.