Thats going in my scrapbook, btw. Funniest comment all month

kptphalkon

Reaction score
GFXD3/\/\0n thinking itll turn his pc to Rinux....I lol'd a little

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i'm downloading the iso now to see if i can easily modify it to flash a droid 2 sbf instead of droid x but if it turns out to be more difficult than i think than i will reccomend you download ubuntu to boot from a live disk. ubuntu will be a little larger at around 600mb but it has a general ui and it will be a lot easier to make work.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
alright, i've not been able to get anywhere editing the other iso

Download | Ubuntu

if you're still up to try it in linux, then head to the link above and follow the instructions for downloading ubuntu 10.10 to a cd and following the option for a cd install. let me know when it's done downloading and i'll walk you through the rest.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
um... yeah ill give it a try so it takes over windows or it just runs from disk as a portable software thing...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in that link, download the iso from step 1

then in step 2 have it show you how to burn the iso to a cd

then step 3 will show you how to try ubuntu without installing. basically what you'll do is burn it to a cd and then leave that cd in the tray and turn off the pc. then restart it and during the boot screen on the pc hit f12 to enter the boot menu and choose to boot from the cd drive instead of the hard drive. this will boot up the ubuntu iso and it will prompt you to either install or test it out. then choose to test it out and it will bring you to an ubuntu environment where you can do the rest.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the easiest thing to do would probably be to load up ubuntu per the try it out instructions and then get on the net from there so i can walk you through it step by step

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
oh ok well um that one downloading an i downloaded a app ver that just sit on your windows to..... an um what would i do after this test thing