Help Please? :\ Not able to update to Z6 OTA.

Discussion in 'LG Revolution' started by zentech, Sep 30, 2011.

1. zentech

zentech New Member

I received my phone just the other day and rooted it first thing. I uninstalled a few of the bloatware apps, like bitbop and such. I also froze some of the other applications as well using root explorer. Since then I realized there was an OTA update to fix a few bugs and decided to unfreeze those apps and unroot the phone (which seemed to have worked using SuperOneClick). Now I'm trying to force the update and it says there's no update available. What gives? Shouldn't it pickup the update? I've tried with wifi on and off. I know some of the original bloatware was deleted permanently, but I did do a factory restore as well..still not able to update.

What do I do now? Any help would be appreciated. I really shouldn't have deleted any of those apps, does the OTA update check that all those are intact before updating?

I also get "Server Unavailable" Code 500
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. Wayneb02

Wayneb02 New Member

I think somebody posted the update on another forum. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum or not
  3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

When you did the factory reset, did you have 4G enabled or turned off? What you need to do is go to Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers and get the TOT file for the v4 firmware and flash that. It will get you back to unrooted v4 firmware.
  4. teenomi

teenomi New Member

hi....... i have visited many of the forums and here i felt people are facing some of the problems and
    i want to know that why is it??/
Search tags for this page
lg revolution forcef ota
link to z6.com
revolution ota not working

rooted z6

z6 upgrade able or no