HELP PLEASE 48 yr old tech challenged

kimahz

Reaction score
I used the great advice of sallied sotware to transfer music onto Droid after replaced with insurance and didn't have success on many of my own attempts....IT worked great and I followed directions to unmount card..I am thinking there was storage on the phone as well as I have been traveling 4 months in RV (after 30 years working with abused and runaway kids and adopting two finally on my own but was disabled in work accident don't know how much longer I have to get around on my own at only 48).

Hadn't figured how to transfer pictures and vidoes to computers yet....wasn't wearing glasses so didn't see any fine print....gallery says card is unmounted and there are NO pictures....did I ERASE EVERYTHING??? What can I do...there is a program app that seems to have the videos but I don't know how to use it but all the pictures...had bought a new card and it is around her somewhere....stopped to rest in one spot for awhile so finally getting to this but do I go back to settings and mount the card??? Can I find the pictures? ALL my music is there but what happens when I replace the card if my pictures are still in there ...terrified to do anything and mess it up if there is any hope....Pictures were priceless of hysterics since kids left me with two dogs, 3 cats and 2 baby ferrets...all in a 40 foot RV who have camped there whole lives...cats even follow me onto the beach but I haven't yet learned to post onto utube but it is hysterical and we went through a blizzard where ferret loved the snow...please help.....

Kim Ahrenholz
252-269-0463
[email protected]

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
hey man, hope you get through these problems, and hope i can help with some of them. So did you make sure that the micro sd card was completely inserted into your droid? Also if you have a computer handy, and a sd to micro sd adapter, you could plug it into your computers sd card slot and see if the files are viewable that way, so you can be sure that they are still on the micro sd card. if you do all that and still dont see the photos you could probably use a program to view the deleted files from the sd card such as F-Recovery here is the link for that FileRecoveryTools | Products | F-Recovery for miniSD™. Another program that might work is FileRecovery for SD - FileRecovery for SD Card undelete lost data from SD cards used by digital cameras or other devices. and lastly Undelete for SD Card - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com. hope that helps!

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
oh, and sorry admins if wasnt allowed or supposed to post in the rescue squad section, i didnt realize it until just now, but i think i gave some good advice. lol

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
and sorry i said hey man, i have problems with addressing people as well haha, i generaly assume its a male who uses this site.

OP
K

kimahz

Reaction score
Thank YOU and Apologies as I use the Forum

This is my first time so I have to re-check rules but reply was an option and I just want to say THANK YOU for taking the time to reply...I coach adoptive parents but often get requests through the internet from non-clients that are desperate for help and spend many hours volunteering what I know...so that you took the time and I am female, to give me a place to start is an honorable and helpful thing and I hope your apologiy is accepted if we are in the wrong place...I'll start looking through but the pictures are so important tome....Thank you thank you!
Kim

And for you that administerher...verizon wouldn't say anything since they consider themselves outside of these applications or products and also having administered a site it is wonderful the information you have here and the help you give to those of us less talented in this area.Thank you for your time and dedication it a beautiful site and resource.​

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
sure glad i can help :) but keep me posted if you need any more help or anything, like if it worked or whatever is goin on. gmail is jdavis0093

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We have no issues where some one posts. Go ahead and ask away.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The DroidForums STOCK Solutions Thread! Post number 5. The phone doesn't come with many instructions, so this post might help with getting files from the phone to the computer and back the other way too!

To expand on what pilotcharles said:

There really is no wrong place to post here. If the thread needs moving someone will do so and let you know.

This was a good section for this question to be asked.

Anyone can answer a question. I sure don't have time to answer all the questions and neither do most people. Also...I don't always have an answer, nor do most people. Often times you'll find that by the time you post the answer 3 others have too but that's ok too. For the person feeling a bit lost they have to feel better when three sources come along in short order and basically tell them the same thing.

So just because a section says rescue squad don't think we have all the answers. We do have most though :)

I'm sure the devs in the rom and themes section feel the same way about threads they might mod over. A forum is a community of people interacting. You ask, you learn, and later on maybe you answer too.