Help, my email keeps quiting

michellekush

Reaction score
Every time I go to open my email I get a message reading:
SORRY!
The application Email(processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
I've downloaded so few aps(maybe 6?), but have now taken off 3. It worked temporarily but is now giving me the same message. How do I fix this?? I would appreciate any input, as I am an on the go Mom and need access to my email.
Thanx - Michelle

JayMonster

Reaction score
The only way (I have found) to fix this is to delete the application setting and start over. Restarting the phone does not work, nor does removing and re-adding the account.

To completely remove the setting and database, go to

menu>settings>Applications> Manage Applications

From there

menu> Filter>All

Scroll down and select email

Choose "Clear Data"

This will wipe out all your accounts, and the underlying data and give you a fresh start.

(After having this problem myself a few times I switched over to K-9 which is available in the market and is much more stable when using multiple accounts.)

OP
M

michellekush

Reaction score
First of all, thank you so much for your reply! So crazy as this may seem I have done this exact exercise(the one you have suggested) about 6 times and I keep getting the same error message!! This is so frustration. Any other suggestions? I really hope this is something that can be corrected. - Thanx

JayMonster

Reaction score
1. You aren't running something like Advanced Task Killer are you? If so, STOP and see if the problems go away.

2. Have you given K-9 mail a shot? I have found it much better than the included POP3 client.

3. Finally if all else fails, import your mail into your GMail account and read your mail that way. Not the best answer, I understand... but it works.