Help my D1 limp to the finish line

Roldi

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have a D1 that I rooted during the first stock and never turned back. Unfortunately, the system runs horribly now. It seems that no matter what ROM I load, it runs slow and drains battery insanely fast (as in I can barely make four hours away from a charger with minimal use). I load my ROM's using ROM manager (mostly b/c I am not good at downloading and dropping in the system).

So, here's what I'm asking: I need help keeping this D1 up and running (preferably longer than four hours) until the Bionic comes out. I'm willing to unroot or do whatever. But here's the catch, a factory re-set does nothing but re-start whatever ROM I'm currently using.

Thank you up front.

Annnnnnnnnd go!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Run an almost completely stock rom (like peter Alphonses GPA roms) and run a low or ultra low voltage kernel and run a lower speed one (anywhere from 800 MHz to 1GHz) and use setpcu profiles (setcpu is actually free, refer to the free apks for everyone sticky in steel droids thread)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I would also suggest not to run any background apps and only a few widgets.

I am in the same boat as you waiting for the Bionic, i usually run very few things in the bg and i clear cache and data once a month to keep everything snappy, i get 12 - 16 hours of use every day.

My recommendation is Sourcery Rom with Slayher 900 kernel u/c to 800. Very good on the battery. Link to the Rom in my signature and the kernels are built in to choose from.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 See if running with just the ROM after a reset helps. If your battery life improves then it's an app or something in your setup. This is standard troubleshooting practice.

OP
R

Roldi

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Trying the stock ROM. Lets see how that does.

EFGantry

Reaction score
have you ever replaced your batt?? those things are only made to last 8 months or so.

Rutherford_Atlas

Reaction score
In the same boat here, and I've actually been running GPA for quite some time now. I keep my downloaded/running apps to a minimum, stay clocked at standard voltage 800Mhz, and don't otherwise do anything crazy. (Or, rather, I no longer do anything crazy. I used to stay clocked at 1.2 LV with no issue, plenty of apps running, etc.) I used to be an absolute power user, but within the last two months, my Droid has just turned to garbage; I can barely type a text message without the damned thing hanging for 10 - 15 seconds at a time.

Oh, and my battery does drain quickly, but I can usually get anywhere from 6 - 12 hours out of it, rather than Roldi's four. Sorry, Roldi!

I'm no noob, and I've had incredible success keeping this thing purring along nicely... but now I've been completely unable to get it back into working order. I did go on a trip using my Droid for Navigation, and it got quite hot, but I don't think that's the issue--it almost seems like a memory problem. I'd normally blame Gingerbread for this, but GB used to work just fine for me...

I'm on GPA16 right now, but I've had the same issue with GPAs 14 and 15. Same issue with CyanogenMod. Same thing with all kernels at all voltages. And yes, I do wipe my cache just to be safe, as I am a troubleshooter by nature. I even wipe Dalvik, fix permissions, etc... literally everything that I can think of.

Oh, and I'm lazy, so I typically just reinstall apps as I need them--but the problem exists before I really get around to installing any apps that could be causing the problem.

Any real protips for a semi-pro? Something that I haven't considered?