Help: Just got a droid, can I talk and receive/answer a text

funfamily

Reaction score
I am a bit frustrated with my "smart" phone and my inability to figure it out! My last phone I was able to answer a text and continue talking. I loved this feature. Can I do this with my droid? Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
During an active call, press the home button. Assuming your text showed up in the notification bar, pull it down, click the text, and respond. Can't remember having done this personally, but it SHOULD work.

OP
F

funfamily

Reaction score
During an active call, press the home button. Assuming your text showed up in the notification bar, pull it down, click the text, and respond. Can't remember having done this personally, but it SHOULD work.

Thanks! it worked!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem!

Glad to know! To be honest, I spend more time texting than talking on my phone, but that means when I'm on a call, it's usually more important than any text I might get...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem!

Glad to know! To be honest, I spend more time texting than talking on my phone, but that means when I'm on a call, it's usually more important than any text I might get...

I want to know too just in case I have one of those CSI moments when I have to send a picture to somebody I'm talking to. Seems easy enough to do.:)

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
No problem!

I want to know too just in case I have one of those CSI moments when I have to send a picture to somebody I'm talking to. Seems easy enough to do.:)
Idk if you can do that. On all my previous phones you couldn't send a picture message when on the phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC MMS requires data (no simultaneous voice/data).

crspang

Reaction score
No problem!

Only if you had a wifi connection also.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
^Indeed! I usually have WiFi on at all times when I'm home, so that's the majority of my experience while being on a call and doing other data things at the same time...

The OP was asking about regular SMS (texts) though. Those can be sent and received while on a call regardless of WiFi, right? I know I've received a text while on the phone, but can't remember replying to one...

crspang

Reaction score
^Indeed! I usually have WiFi on at all times when I'm home, so that's the majority of my experience while being on a call and doing other data things at the same time...

The OP was asking about regular SMS (texts) though. Those can be sent and received while on a call regardless of WiFi, right? I know I've received a text while on the phone, but can't remember replying to one...

Yes you can send/receive regular texts while in a call.