Help I can't install non market apps

texas200

Reaction score
Just got my maxx (from droidx) and found that I am not able to Install non market apps. When I try to press install it does not respond, it will only let me cancel. What am I doing wrong? Yes I have "install from unknown sources" checked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

robert70

Reaction score
Look in settings,,applications,,make sure the third party app box is correct for your phone.

OP
texas200

texas200

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I am guessing you are talking about "Unknown sources" and yes it is checked (green). I am not new to Android and my phone is rooted. I have never had issues with my DroidX

OP
texas200

texas200

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

OP
texas200

texas200

Reaction score
I woke up today and I was able to Install non-market apps. Must of been a glitch?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

sierra513

Reaction score
I have an X, but am planning on getting a Maxx when my upgrade date is here. However, i have that problem all the time, even with market apps. I can download them, but when the install screen comes up, most of the time it wont work. But the cancel button does. I havent figured out any rhyme or reason for it. If I try again a day or so later, it will work, or it wont. Its really frustrating.

If you find a solution to this, please post it. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
What particular app are you trying? I have installed one non-market app (TBH app) and it installed fine...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have an X, but am planning on getting a Maxx when my upgrade date is here. However, i have that problem all the time, even with market apps. I can download them, but when the install screen comes up, most of the time it wont work. But the cancel button does. I havent figured out any rhyme or reason for it. If I try again a day or so later, it will work, or it wont. Its really frustrating.

If you find a solution to this, please post it. :)

I found if I uninstalled the market upgrade and reinstalled it, the problem went away.

sierra513

Reaction score
I found if I uninstalled the market upgrade and reinstalled it, the problem went away.

In my case, I had just SBF'd my phone and was reinstalling all my apps. Some I was getting directly from the market or Amazon, others I was getting from 'My Backup Pro.' This has been an ongoing issue for me for a long time. It doesnt always happen, but often enough to be frustrating. I have even tried rebooting the phone, didnt help.

Its not a huge deal, but its still irritating.

tdawg1961

Reaction score
I had this problem, but had success by using a file manager program (mine came with CodenameDroid 1.2.0). I clicked on the programs in the download folder, and they opened from there.