help with safestrap please

earlybill1

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with safestrap 3.11,3.12 on my razr maxx 4.1.2 xt912 . Its just not working . I've installed and tried both of them . So I install recovery then reboot my Maxx or turn off then back either way it just boots up normally (yes I'm rooted) its just the regular splash boot screen what am I doing wrong please help

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
im not sure i can help but i was wondering if you could clarify something. in your other thread you said
I've got another new thread started about ROM mgr that no one has helped with so maybe y'all can help with this please.

this is the thread you were referring to correct?
ROM Manager is not the same thing as SafeStrap, and does not install SS.

just wondering if i am missing something?

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
im not sure i can help but i was wondering if you could clarify something. in your other thread you said

No I was meaning to say safestrap help not ROM mgr . I just can't get it to work

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
No I was meaning to say safestrap help not ROM mgr . I just can't get it to work

thanks for the clarification.
sorry im not going to be of much help, it should be as simple as opening the app and choose install. im sure you already know that.
if you are positive you have root (binaries are up to date, and root verified by using another root app, not one of those check root apps), and it still doesn't work, i would re-flash it if it were mine.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
When using safestrap you have to activate the slot you have installed your ROM into.

So, in my case, I have installed CM 10.2 into ROM slot 1. After doing so, I select slot 1 and choose activate then reboot. After that whenever my phone starts the safestrap splash screen is green and my custom rom boots.

If I want to go back to stock, I reboot and go into safestrap by tapping above the left most softkey and then choose the stock rom slot and activate it. Form there on out I can run my stock. If I want to go back to custom, I just repeat the above steps and activate the custom slot again.

David