Help, huge automatic update won't stop downloading

angelan

Reaction score
So I have something weird going on in my top bar. Under Ongoing, there is one download bar which says "downloading updates" above it. This mysterious update has been stuck at 1% for at least 5 hours. It started automatically in the night, I don't know what it is, but I want to stop it because it's draining my already crappy battery. I tried going into browser download manager and it does not show up there. I tried restarting the phone. I tried looking in application manager, but I don't have a clue as to what application this download might be related to.

Please help me. What is happening and how do I stop it? Thank you!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
That's likely the gingerbread update. It is fairly large (over 100MB). Connect to wifi to see if you could pull it quicker.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
angelan

angelan

Reaction score
It is at 2% now so i guess i really is progressing. for some reason my phone wont connect to my house's wifi but ill try it somewhere else

moelsen8

Reaction score
It is at 2% now so i guess i really is progressing. for some reason my phone wont connect to my house's wifi but ill try it somewhere else

my wife's d2g had a problem tonight getting the update where the system was downloading it, but it was sitting at 0%, even after an hour. i found that it eventually started to move again when i took it off wifi. less than a minute after reconnecting to 3g it started going again and steadily. not sure if i turned on wifi at the wrong time when i checked the system updates, but it didn't seem to like downloading the update over wifi, go figure. i also rebooted once or twice and i shut down a couple processes that i believed could have been related to this (i was searching for the download process itself but couldn't identify it). i believe the only thing that really got the download going again was switching back to 3gfrom wifi. dunno if this helps, but hope so.